Any Sport 250's Going to Stoneleigh?

Alan Cutler (Adge) - Dorset AO

Wondered if any sport 250's are taking their owners to Stoneleigh on Sunday?

If so, would they be willing for me to admire you?

I'm going on Sunday, would be good to meet up with fellow owners, and have a chat. Promise not to mention wiring!

Looking forward having a good look at as many Westfields as I can, and meeting some of you "in the flesh".

There will be 2 on the Westfield stand. The factory demo and the hjd demo nc500. David from HJD is a very nice chap and sure will let you have a prod and poke around.

• Like 1

I don't know actually how many there are on the road now. Must be a couple at least surely?

• Like 1

Hope there's a few there as well as the demo cars, we'll see.

Just don't look under the bonnet as it's as ugly as sin. 

:barf::oops::rolleyes:

• Like 3

Don't they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Got to agree it's not a vey elegant looking engine. Time will tell how well it performs though!!

• Like 1

There will probably be some ropey budget one on the WSC stand..............................stands back and waits for fireworks :d

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AdgeC said:

Don't they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Got to agree it's not a vey elegant looking engine. Time will tell how well it performs though!!

Don't they also say "beauty comes from within"......................  not in this case :laugh:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

There will probably be some ropey budget one on the WSC stand..............................stands back and waits for fireworks :d

not sure what show you have been to but i've never seen Westfield put a ropey spec'd car on any of there show stands

Is Dave thinking of the autosport car a few years ago that wasn't finished yet?

14 minutes ago, Rednop1 said:

not sure what show you have been to but i've never seen Westfield put a ropey spec'd car on any of there show stands

I have, where they couldnt even be bothered to clean all the fibre dust from the wheel arches on a new car. 10 mins work and it would have looked nice, rather than loads of white dust on a black car. Engine bits not painted , so nice and rusty. ( was built for a customer at Stoneleigh last year) Such little things can make a car look so much better and costs nothing but being proud of what you built. Bit of tyre shine wouldnt have gone a miss either....

59038edf4da9c_2006-01-0113_35_16.thumb.jpg.a365e9ef44eb27794d5255f110f4b697.jpg

45 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

I have, where they couldnt even be bothered to clean all the fibre dust from the wheel arches on a new car. 10 mins work and it would have looked nice, rather than loads of white dust on a black car. Engine bits not painted , so nice and rusty. ( was built for a customer at Stoneleigh last year) Such little things can make a car look so much better and costs nothing but being proud of what you built. Bit of tyre shine wouldnt have gone a miss either....

59038edf4da9c_2006-01-0113_35_16.thumb.jpg.a365e9ef44eb27794d5255f110f4b697.jpg

Omg I didn't realise things were this serious with regards to the dust under the arches I stand corrected ,I really hope they have cleaned them this year as I'm going to have no sleep between now and Sunday thinking about all that dust I dread to think how many people its put off buying a car.

I regards too the unpainted engine /parts I'm with you on that one but correct cleaning and the prep is very labour intensive and the correct materials are not cheap so how can you say they cost nothing ? and I'm sure if the customer was willing to pay extra to have them painted I'm sure sales staff at Westfield would help the customer spend his money.

And how is any of the above classed as "Ropey Spec"?

If you spend 40 grand, yes forty grand ( I was informed by WSC) on a stand and advertising your cars £30 worth of paint and a few hours labour is f*** all. If you want to sell your products you aim to get them looking 100% on the largest kit car show in the UK thats nearest your own factory, so you cant question travelling hundreds of miles. Looking at other manufacturers products they just seemed to make more effort in getting it right, thats all. 

• Like 1