Forum idea - New Build Threads

Rory's Dad

A new thread as requested.

My idea is that it would be good to have a section called 'Build Threads' located between 'The Start Line' and 'Tech Talk'. This section would accommodate all existing and new build threads as they emerge. Basically they would be 'Thinking about it', 'Building it' and 'Fixing it'.

Whaddaya think? :)

• Like 1

For continuity, I disagree as per my comments in the previous thread, and I also agree with a Dave Eastwood's comments immediately below mine in that thread:

OK - it was just a thought!

(Don't think you're right Mr Chairman Sir or Mr Eastwood either but that doesn't bother me much).

Martin, I didn't close the matter, just offered alternative opinions for overall consideration on your idea - the idea is still alive, don't worry. :) Do carry on below in this thread!

OK. In terms of clutter the new section could be in with the IVA stuff arranged as you wish, either as two sub-sections or amalgamated.

I really think (and I'm repeating myself from the previous thread) that putting Stevenh (for example) on the Start Line is nonsense both for him and the inferred content.

I want to be able to find, read and enjoy the build process irrespective of the builder being an expert or a complete novicr. Most of all I want to be able to search easily for subject matter and find what other people did.

Of course the club might think I'm wrong but it would be good to hear of other opinions other than Scott's or Dave Eastwood's - please!!

• Like 1

Martin, I suspect several of the other moderators are reading your comments but given we are only 10 days from the AGM and a new committee some such as myself who are retiring may not feel it is our decision to make or comment on future changes.

There's also lot happening backstage right now being preocupied getting ready for Stoneleigh

I think the build threads are good in tech talk. However. If tech talk is their natural home shouldn't the list of build threads be stickied in Tech talk rather than the Start line?

56 minutes ago, sdh2903 said:

I think the build threads are good in tech talk. However. If tech talk is their natural home shouldn't the list of build threads be stickied in Tech talk rather than the Start line?

It could be in both places...

• 3 months later...

There are two similar threads. For continuity, latest one here.