Fuel starvation around corners

Josh Lawson

11 minutes ago, bunje said:

best get ordering some more parts then.

:yes:

Don't forget also to plumb the fuel return from the rail to the pot as well. It's surprising how much fuel is returned.

Purists will say it's not good because the heat added to the fuel by the compression lowers it's caloric output. Whilst technically true I doubt most would notice a difference and plumbing in the return to the pot has been done for years. :)

18 hours ago, Rhett - Joint Black Country AO said:

I guess the question is what is the flow rate required 20 gallons an hour is 90 Lt, so that would mean using 1.5 lt a minute which I would have thought is going some what should we be looking for.

A Facet Redtop was what Northampton Motorsport recommended for my old car. The flow rate might look excessive, but remember that with a modern high pressure injection system a lot of the fuel which gets pumped (by the high pressure pump) to the fuel rail to feed the injectors actually doesn't go through the injectors but ends up being returned to the tank, or the swirlpot, depending how you plumb the return.

Red Tops normally have a filter basket built in under the removable end cap.

sorry dave didnt word that very well i meant does it come supplied with it when you buy one new or do i have to buy it seperate

Mine came with one fitted, I think the only "extras" it needed were the screw in hose barb outlets/inlets, but fortunately I was warned I'd need them by the supplier, so got the package, along with rubber isolation mounts. (They sold a mounting kit - a pair of rubber bobbins with studs either side, plus a little flying ground lead that bolted between the pump and the car's mounting bracket, as the pump normally earths through it's body)

Mine came with a filter & spare filter, still got the spare filter.

Right so I very got all my bits for the swirl pot setup now. Just a quick question regarding the return from my fpr it now returns to the tank via the fitting about half way up the tank. What do I do about it going into the swirl pot do I now take it from the fpr into the swirl pot and then the top of the pot back to the fitting half way up the tank 

That's correct yes. Goes to the second highest fitting on the swirl pot

• Like 1