Possible car rebuild - crossflow engine

Yanto

1 hour ago, Jim G said:

If the chassis is right for you and the right price, buy it and just wait. An engine will turn up and in the mean time you can be doing stuff to the chassis. That would be my way of doing it.  Good luck 

Thing is I have no experience to tell me if the chassis is good, bad, whether the price reflects what is included, the seller is a member on here and i don't want to unduly mess him about, and the chassis is 350 miles away so I can't just pop-along. 

2 hours ago, Yanto said:

Thing is I have no experience to tell me if the chassis is good, bad, whether the price reflects what is included, the seller is a member on here and i don't want to unduly mess him about, and the chassis is 350 miles away so I can't just pop-along. 

Put the ad up and I'm sure you'll get some helpful advice of other members. 

It's not an ad as such, well it was a one liner which i found and followed up for more info by email, asking price is £3250 that includes chassis, wheels, bodywork, dash, a 4 speed box, prop shaft electrics fuel tank, radiator, I then added on collection by a transport company, then try and figure out how much an engine will be, carbs/injection, exhaust manifold fabrication, silencer, maybe refurb the 4speed box or replace with a 5 speed, fit out the interior including seats, obtain a windscreen, washers/wipers, doors, plus all the fuel, cooling pipework etc, then rolling road session, geo set up etc etc, and i came out with a ballpark figure of £9-10k, which Is a bit steep for me.

Do you have a budget in mind? Might be easier/better to get a crossflow powered westy ready to go that you can just tinker with.

3 hours ago, BCF said:

Do you have a budget in mind? Might be easier/better to get a crossflow powered westy ready to go that you can just tinker with.

Indeed this is the way I will have to go.

• Like 1

Note that one is up near me. Shout up if you want me to look it over. 

7 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Note that one is up near me. Shout up if you want me to look it over. 

Thanks Chris, I obtained more photos of that car from the seller, it needs a lot of work that isn't apparent in the ad'.  The last communication I had with him was that somebody was picking it up on Sunday evening.

Spot the WSCC sticker on the scuttle? Someone on here must know the car I reckon.

• Like 1