WSCC Speed Series is on Facebook!

Scottish Bloke

Isnt it because its a page and not a group?

If you go to the page, simply 'liking' it means you now follow the page. Have a play around, not sure you can break anything :d

Rich I think you need to speak to John.

Anything you post shows on the main page. Anything the rest of us post is on Visitors posts only. 

Not sure if there's a way round it or not

OK so around a week in and I'm happy to say it's going pretty well. We now have 175 followers, up from 24 so a very decent uplift.

I encourage you to add any content you can, more difficult in the closed season I know but I'm sure you all have photos, video's or hilarious stories you can share ;-) Although I have enough material to last a while yet, I'm keen to make it about us all, and not just all about me!

If you have any ideas or content you'd like to add, let me know, drop me a pm or message me through FB. Great work so far guys, Thanks!

• Like 1

Wow, nearly 250 followers to the Speed Series Facebook page and some great content and fun on there! Thanks to those who have added pics, video's etc and really great to read that some of you may join us this year, fantastic!

I think we're coping with our initial issue of posts not hitting the main wall, I'm doing a lot of sharing which is fine for now.

Thanks again for the brilliant support, and please invite your Motorsport friends to 'like' the page!

https://www.facebook.com/WSCCSpeedSeries/

Rich

Just a thought though Rich - how many of those 250 odd are likely new blood or are they mostly previous competitors who want just somewhere to 'hangout' on facebook?

Perhaps starting a discussion just for potential new competitors for this season to make themselves know to us would be a good idea

I see at least 2 new names and I know of 2 more who come to our club night so its looking good for new recruits

I suspect Most will just be 'Farcebook  cruisers' !

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

I suspect Most will just be 'Farcebook  cruisers' !

and Tim Nunn's dad! :)

Don't forget you can use the Share buttons at the bottom to share any threads in here on Facebook, Twitter, etc :t-up:

Capture.JPG

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John said:

Just a thought though Rich - how many of those 250 odd are likely new blood or are they mostly previous competitors who want just somewhere to 'hangout' on facebook?

Perhaps starting a discussion just for potential new competitors for this season to make themselves know to us would be a good idea

I see at least 2 new names and I know of 2 more who come to our club night so its looking good for new recruits

Who's to say these people might not come out again? The whole idea is to promote what we do, not everyone will come along to drive, think of marshalls, spectators, organisers, someone who might want to help at Blyton, a friend who says I was at this event at the weekend...

No one thinks that as we have 250+ followers we'll have 300 drivers next year? We got involved because we were introduced to Westfields and Speed Series, I never thought I could take part, how did I go about such things and look at us now?..

Embrace what we have and what we are trying to achieve, Speed Series, sprinting, hillclimbing is a new concept to many people and generally never will until we promote. Very few will visit the forum, or SS tab, and let's not forget, if it's not for you simply unfollow the page.

I'm happy to add any content you'd like to see, drop me your ideas...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scottish Bloke said:

Who's to say these people might not come out again? The whole idea is to promote what we do, not everyone will come along to drive, think of marshalls, spectators, organisers, someone who might want to help at Blyton, a friend who says I was at this event at the weekend...

No one thinks that as we have 250+ followers we'll have 300 drivers next year? We got involved because we were introduced to Westfields and Speed Series, I never thought I could take part, how did I go about such things and look at us now?..

Embrace what we have and what we are trying to achieve, Speed Series, sprinting, hillclimbing is a new concept to many people and generally never will until we promote. Very few will visit the forum, or SS tab, and let's not forget, if it's not for you simply unfollow the page.

I'm happy to add any content you'd like to see, drop me your ideas...

It would help if they at least still had cars :) but fully support your hard work and ambition - keep it up

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, alexander72 said:

This is a superb FB page and Rich and all those involved deserve credit...

Thanks James.

Im sure it'll really kick off when the season gets going but the initial response has been great.

The idea is to raise the profile of the Speed Series and sprinting/hillclimbing in general which hopefully we are doing!

Can I ask that if any of you guys haven't liked the page yet, take a look and indeed invite your friends to like it too!

Thank you

Rich

• Like 1

Hi All,

The page now has almost 300 followers which is fantastic. Thankyou!

Remember, the intention is to raise the profile of Speed Series, the club and sprinting and hillclimbing in general. Lets also not forget the countless others who allow us to enjoy what we do. If we get one more marshall, helper, organiser it's a worth while exercise!

Keep liking and inviting your motorsport friends, there may be a future champion lurking out there!!

Rich

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi all, the Speed Series Facebook page is just 4 folks away from 400 followers which is brilliant!

If your on here and FB and haven't already hit the 'like' button press this link, then like the page

https://www.facebook.com/WSCCSpeedSeries/

Rich

• Like 2