Essex Area 2017

Kevin (Mr T)

As the title suggests, this isn't about upcoming events, it's about what we would like to do next year.

First thing (and something Ken mentioned at the weekend), is the idea of a couple of weekend away run outs. We're not talking the Highlands or the Swiss Alps and we are talking hotel, not tent. Maybe a weekend in both May and September, with possible destinations on the north Norfolk coast and/or the South Downs National Park/south coast. Open forum on all aspects.

While we're at it, any suggestions for other "events" that we could consider as a group?

The idea of having the monthly meet on a weekday during the summer was mooted this year. Do we think this might be a good idea for next year, thereby freeing up the odd Sunday for something more than a lunchtime get together?

I'm happy to do the leg work and organising, but would welcome everyone's feedback, to make sure I don't go completely off track. 

It would be great to go into the new year with a few things in the diary to look forward to!

I know it's technically Hertfordshire but we had a good day at the Herts Auto Show in Welwyn Garden City this year...they've just confirmed the date for 2017 - 14th May. Could be a good one to get on the calendar?

I know it's technically Hertfordshire but we had a good day at the Herts Auto Show in Welwyn Garden City this year...they've just confirmed the date for 2017 - 14th May. Could be a good one to get on the calendar?

Good shout

Lots of trackdays Kev.     Your other ideas are favourable with me but some of our members are not allowed out even for a day :d  may struggle on numbers.

Auto show sounds good and of course Stoneleigh, weekend aways on good driving roads sounds great wales is said to be superb Chris Harris uses them to test and shakedown most of the cars he reviews and he is without exception the current best motoring jerno in the business.

Yes I'm up for lots of trackdays and weekends away. Why can't we do highlands and Swiss alps??? Never been to either of them.

Lots of trackdays Kev. Your other ideas are favourable with me but some of our members are not allowed out even for a day :d may struggle on numbers.

Wouldn't need loads if we cruise somewhere where we can meet up with another area?

As I lived on the west coast of Wales for 10 years, if everyone is up for a long weekend there I'm happy to assist with route planning/accomadtion etc.

Difficult to beat driving in a Westfield in Wales in the sun;).

One thing in my to do list was to get a small group (probably 5) who don't mind waiting around and do a promotional video. Was thinking along the lines of smokey's video but with more card and drive by apex shots etc

• Like 1

Nice idea Pete. I could ask my brother to assist with the video and editing. He's a freelance cameraman and editor, works for the BBC, and numerous Corporates over the last 13 years. Check his website out http://squareyetelevision.co.uk/

• Like 1

I would be up for Trackdays and weekends away. Meets during the week fine as long as I've enough notice.

I like the idea of a spring and autumn long weekend away Kevin.

Regarding the monthly meeting, personally I'm quite tied up weekday evenings, so I quite like Sunday lunch time. Also because I've been enjoying a blat out in the countryside in the morning before winding up at the meeting....  so, just as an idea, would anyone be interested in meeting up (at the Lodge or somewhere else convenient) at say 10.00 am on the morning of the meeting and doing a loop around South Essex with the aim of getting back to the Lodge for around 12.00? Might not be South Wales, but I'm thinking we should go out and find the best roads in Essex before we make judgement!   :)