Don't you just hate it when that happens.

DamperMan

Have you enough clearance to make some tubular spacers between the throttle bodies and trumpets, so the trumpets come the other side on the master cylinder ?

or just fit longer trumpets and use a sausage filter trumpet tray back plate like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/p/itg-carbon-fibre-trumpet-tray-60mm-depth-throttle-bodies-air-filter/1442033729

GRP ones exist out there somewhere but a quick google only found the above for illustration

I had not thought of extending the trumpets.  I thought they are a tuned length so not a variable. It will just move the torque a little.    I'll have a ponder over that idea.   It will mean adding a hole in the bonnet to poke the front part of the filter.   

17 hours ago, John said:

or just fit longer trumpets and use a sausage filter trumpet tray back plate like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/p/itg-carbon-fibre-trumpet-tray-60mm-depth-throttle-bodies-air-filter/1442033729

GRP ones exist out there somewhere but a quick google only found the above for illustration

That's sexy!   Almost worth moving,  angling or finding a shorter master cylinger to fit that.   It's got to be worth 20 php (pub not brake)  

Yeah, depending on how big a difference there is in length, changing trumpet length will change the engines characteristics,

Strictly speaking, if altering them by more than a small amount, you should probably get the engine tweaked on a dyno.

One other thing to remember mine has long trumpets on it and when compared to my friends with a similar set up but with short trumpets mine is much louder.  Not conclusive evidence but I have my suspicions.  

Probably only matters of you drive on tracks with drive by noise testing.

Lunch time run out was fun.   Nice day, not to crazy cold. Only had time for a 20 minute run.      Clutch was not slipping today so that's a good start.   I did think at one point it might have been slipping,  as the engine sounded to be increasing revs but the rev counter was holding, and no clutch smell,   I think it was me over listening and a HearingEllusion!.   More throttle, more noise! not more revs.

What is the next step up in clutch?   It's a std QH Mk 1 1.8 mondeo flywheel pressure and friction plates  with RWD thrust bearing.  

I have no cover over the gearbox yet.  I quite like it as there's some nice warm air coming up.  When I close it up I might put a vent in it for my fingers.     A interesting array of smells coming off the new engine aswell.  Mostly burning off fingerprints and oilyness though the exhaust..  Its only done about 25 miles so far.

It will be nice to re plumb in the heater as well.  I need to make up some Stepped hose joiners.   

I  to change the ECU fan cut in/ out temps as the fan is running a lot of the time.  The Rad is all hot and primed. .  Temp gauge is sitting all fine.     The previous engine Early blacktop had 2 temp sensors on the thermostat housing (one for the ecu, 1 for the gauge).. It did not have a the ECU temp sensor under cylinder 1 inlet.    This late engine has the correct ECU sensor under the inlet but nothing on the thermostat housing so i have reused the old one just for my temp gauge..  I'm assuming the ECU is reading a slightly different temperature compared to before.  So the thermostat and fan are at odds with each other.  The ECU was pre-calibrated to the newer type sensor so it should be more correct (correcter)!  

On the list of winter upgrades are the front suspension bushes and re-powder coating of the arms.  and a little damper tweak (new secret stuff to test!)