TVR's in Chatsworth, Sun 2 Oct

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Thanks Julie ... and I will see everyone there at 10:00.

I hope to see you all on Sun, weather permitting.

• Like 1

The weather's looking ideal. See you all later.

Ditto ... heading out in 20 minutes  :d

• Like 1

Another great run, thanks Julie. Nice to meet some new folk too.

IMG_3483_zpsovyng5yp.jpg

IMG_3485_zps44ivutqy.jpg

IMG_3488_zpsmhewvlpx.jpg

Sorry, I had to dash earlier and didn't get to see the TVR's. I hope you all had a great ogle and I'll look forward to seeing the pics.

• Like 2

We met at The Wheatsheaf, where we met Andy's new car and the other Andy's new car. I have come to terms with Ian losing his pink nose and I now officially like the white one. 

DSC09055_zpsxmqtutpl.jpg

We soon set off in the sunshine up to Edale, a village at the start of the Pennine Way that sits below Kinder Scout, the highest point in the Peak District. We managed to get prime parking position in front of The Rambler Inn, where we had lunch. The entire staff left the pub and came out to look at our cars, burglars take note!

DSC09060_zpsnrfjxudw.jpg

DSC09062_zps4doppwbf.jpg

The pub also sits beneath The Mam Tor Ridge, seen in the background here

DSC09063_zps4cqkaxc0.jpg

Then we had a steering wheel moment as Ian gave us a tour of his adaptions

DSC09064_zpsyry6ncst.jpg

But nobody can beat Thundernuts for a glamorous interior

DSC09065_zpsewigpfuc.jpg

Do you wonder what else we get up to here in the Peak District? Well Big Andy was looking for Glen's steak sandwich. What was the problem, Glen like's ham. Pigs, cows, it's all meat in my book  :d

DSC09066_zpsx55ppmfn.jpg

Then we took a circular route back to Chatsworth.....

• Like 4

We drove through the beautiful grounds of Chatsworth, parked up and excitedly headed for the TVR's. We had passed a few on the way in and a few were travelling around, burbling away as they do. There were many TVR's, probably the most I have ever seen in one place, so they did not disappoint

.DSC09067_zpsylo2msdq.jpg

Interiors are nice

DSC09075_zpsct57begk.jpg

Engines are nice

DSC09076_zpsexe8jqdj.jpg

Paintwork is nice

DSC09077_zps4zk0urlr.jpg

Bum's are nice

DSC09081_zpsf5pytzqp.jpg

So you like TVR's then Julie? yes, but this 1979 one stood out as a mighty fine classic, complete with a 1970's brown interior. Look at the curvature on that rear screen. Only 4 of these made in this colour for a racing team.

DSC09079_zpsyci0etho.jpg

The grounds of Chatsworth provided some lovely backdrops

DSC09084_zpsgwynhr01.jpg

DSC09085_zpsecvauqmj.jpg

Speaking to the TVR club Leeds Area Organiser, he said we could have displayed with them if they had known, so I gave him my card and hopefully they will remember us next year.

Don't forget save some photo's from today, especially the dynamic one's Debbie, and send them to editor@wscc.co.uk for next year's calendar. Lastly, remember to chuck a sickie tomorrow and meet us at Darley Moor Airfield 10 am for a Tiger Moth moment and a little run out.  

• Like 3

Looks a great day, I'd hoped I might be able to sneak out for this one, but the continuing boot box saga meant I couldn't make it, will have to give tomorrow a miss as well unfortunately.

I'd been looking forward to seeing Martyn's flight. Tell him to keep away from those Microlights!

Thanks to all for letting me 'tag' along today ... I had a great time and really enjoyed the day out.

Looking forward to the next run out and I'll get some pictures uploaded tomorrow.

• Like 2

Some more pictures from the trip ...

image1_zpsdwbwlhym.jpg

image2_zpsa8nuisij.jpg

image3_zpsmpf5ylov.jpg

• Like 5

hi ya all yes it was really good day out thanks julie hall and the rest i really enjoyed it i have got some pics as well but i dont know how to put them on grrrrrrrrrrr 

• Like 1

hi ya all yes it was really good day out thanks julie hall and the rest i really enjoyed it i have got some pics as well but i dont know how to put them on grrrrrrrrrrr 

see here http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/101290-adding-photos-to-forum-posts-using-photobucket/#entry1046306

Big Andy - I put instructions on f/b too, shout up if you need more help. It's one of those - easy when you know how. Debbie had some good 'on the move' pictures.

AndyR - glad you enjoyed it and you are welcome to 'tag' along anytime. I understand your situation so it will be good to see you when you can make it. 

• Like 1