Going to Silverstone on Fri 29th.

Stu Faulkner

They have signs everywhere say 'no glass campsite' they've never tried to confiscate my wine or bacardi....lol

... they've never tried to confiscate my wine or bacardi....lol

I wouldn't either Slasher!

• Like 1

Your joking! Got a load of glass ale bottles;  if its got to be tins, i'll have to try and get one of those unbreakable plastic "glasses" - hate the tin taste of drinking beer from a can, not sure why I get it with beer, drinking pop from a can never bothered me!

Hmmmm.... Looks like we should have clubbed together for a barrel of bright (pre drawn) beer from a local brewery, again! 

• Like 2

Good idea, too late!

Your joking! Got a load of glass ale bottles;  if its got to be tins, i'll have to try and get one of those unbreakable plastic "glasses" - hate the tin taste of drinking beer from a can, not sure why I get it with beer, drinking pop from a can never bothered me!

Yeah, know what you mean - anyway opted for some Abbot Ale and Hobgoblin in cans, the bottles will go in the fridge for when i get home.

You could drop in here on the way. www.towcestermillbrewery.co.uk and pick up supplies.  Silverstone Brewery are an event sponsor but I don't know if they will sell in bulk or just by the pint.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Gary

We're eaving the Mancs rain @ around 2pm.

Ill be leaving Sheffield at 4:30pm not sure if we could meet up on route ? assuming your doing m62/m6?

Currently waiting at NMS for my rolling road slot. At least its stopped raining.

Will anyone be camping late afternoon?

My missis has arrived :)  you enter camping area left at 2nd roundabout and are directed where to go for tents, she is 2nd row after electric hook-ups, large tube tent with grey Fabia, I’ll be arriving 7ish  :t-up:

• Like 1

Just spotted that the campsite confiscates glass bottles!

Need to swap my case of ales for cans I guess :(

Tried to local places, not the most inspiring selection in cans, but hey ho, needs must.

Raining on and off here, heavy at times too, though forecast suggests might drive out of it towards the other end. Looks like may be setting off with the roof up, which could be interesting!

We arrived around noon, rain arrived about an hour later so got a bit damp setting up. Look out for us on the right approx 200 metres after the entrance!

• Like 1

Already spotted you and called round but you were out and about.

Oh by the way I've still got my glass wine bottles, nobody asked if we had any glass.