John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

I will second that. A big thanks to Jeff and John. It's gets better and better each year.

image_zpslnflygri.jpeg

Not sure what this little fairy is up to!!

• Like 2

Did you figure where that wire came from then Nic!!

• Like 1

Oh yes!!

:p  :laugh:  :devil:  :d

I will second that. A big thanks to Jeff and John. It's gets better and better each year.

image_zpslnflygri.jpeg

Not sure what this little fairy is up to!!

Looks like she is trying to match the fairy on the back of her Westfield……………pending name change OCLO out Tinkerbell in  :laugh:

• Like 1

Looks like she is trying to match the fairy on the back of her Westfield……………pending name change OCLO out Tinkerbell in  :laugh:

Bit dodgy , Tinkerbell hanging around the gents bog taking pickies ???   :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Great to meet some old friends and some new 

P1240071_zpscyn8mzk8.jpg

Even though he did swap his Westy for a push iron :)

• Like 1

We collected £26-27 for St Luke's Hospice, thanks to all who contributed, especially the three people who put £5 each in an envelop on the Sunday.

Jeff.

• Like 5

We collected £26-27 for St Luke's Hospice, thanks to all who contributed, especially the three people who put £5 each in an envelop on the Sunday.

Jeff.

Nice one Jeff. Not only did Jeff's home made cakes raise money for a worthy cause, they were also delicious. Especially the chocolate cup cakes.

...And one of my favorite moments of a Gold Cup, ever!

Greenstreak and I were just strolling down the paddock lanes, stopping to admire the cars when Andy remarked at the mass of exhaust pipes on one of them, I was just about to make some smart A*** comment, when I realized I was looking at something with eight upper manifold runners and eight lower! A quick scan over the rest of the car, yep, there were the BRM badges!

As I was wandering round the back of the car for a look at that amazing H 16 engine, it quickly dawned on me that they were about to start it, I don't think I've ever grabbed my phone out and started filming so quickly in my life - apologies for the dodger camera work; the hairs on the back of my neck were well and truly stood up and my hand may just have shook a little. An awesome sight, and an equally awesome sound!

• Like 2

Andy Middlehurst keeps the H16 at his  St.Helens Depo. 

along with his sons formula cars less than a mile from my home

There is quite a story about him sourcing that engine from some guy in Aus . I think.

I believe that when they unpacked the engine there was no crankshaft,  pistons , rods , and many other bits.

All had to be made or sourced from elsewhere. Cost him Thousands to put right and from my information they reckoned it would never

run a lap of Oulton. So well done to Andy and the lads for the mass of graft put into the project and what a stunning car it is.

• Like 1

The man helping Andy to start the car is Lotus chief mechanic Bob Dance,  80+ yrs young and still going strong  

Andy Middlehurst brought the car along to hopefully do a demo lap but apparently there was no slot available in the tight race schedule .

The Lotus 43 BRM H16 is as used by Jim Clark to win the American GP , the only win for the massively unreliable BRM H16 engine .

Nice one Jeff. Not only did Jeff's home made cakes raise money for a worthy cause, they were also delicious. Especially the chocolate cup cakes.

I only turn up for the cake  :p