24 Hours of Le Mans

Kyle

for those without sky or cable It looks like the beginning and end are on Quest (freeview 37)

Well I had to see it to believe it and I hope you guys all make it home safely from France. The queues at the port right now are an ample opportunity for our immigrant friends to try there luck and dice with death to get to the uk.

Unbelievable scenes, photo taken 5minutes ago while queued a mile outside the port, there were large crowds of people lining both sides of the roads waiting for any opportunity to climb into or on the moving lorries, even jumping from the bridges onto the roofs of the trailers. The gendarmes I have to say we're excellent at quickly extracting them again but clearly outnumbered against such a crowd.

Further down the road the security fences have been cut and several canisters of tear gas had to be discharged to hold them back. The main dual carriageway strewn with debris rocks and bricks and flying within inches of us in lane two as the police fought back in lane 1.

Now safely within the confines of the port as I type this and glad to be heading home.

EF4ECACD-76EE-4D99-8AF8-E7E635472672_1.j

I came back early yesterday and was delayed by about an hour .. mainly due to the French customs wanting to check every car.

A friend coming back today has already waited 4 hours.  There was an electrical issue today also but I really don't know what the French police were checking for.  This created a 3 hour delay later yesterday with no train issues.  Once past customs the terminal was completely empty.

Mark ..  Unfortunately looks like you could still be in for a long wait.  Currently 3 hours for passport checks and 4 hours for a train !!

Mark .. Unfortunately looks like you could still be in for a long wait. Currently 3 hours for passport checks and 4 hours for a train !!

luckily were on a boat and midway across the channel as I type this. Customs delays were only around half hour once we got through the riots and into the port and other than a 10 minute wait we drove straight onto the boat. We were about 15 mins leaving port as the boat was held so as to fill it.

Others weren't quite so lucky as us though, several cars on our ferry were reportedly damaged by rocks being thrown and there's others still queuing to get past the gendarmes and into the port.

• Like 1

So glad I came back via Dunkirk. No issues at all there apart from the French looking in the boot of every car.

We came back via Rofcoff no problem at all straight on the ferry shame it started raining just as we were packing up our gear on Monday morning. What a great race with no major incidents apart for the poor Toyota team

I watched about 19 hours on the box , Fantastic race across all the classes ...Still in shock with the Toyota what a cruel ending

I watched about 19 hours on the box , Fantastic race across all the classes ...Still in shock with the Toyota what a cruel ending

my heart sank for them. I was in the stand directly opposite the Toyota pit when the car came to a hault. The initial thought in the crowd was that they were celebrating victory a lap too early but then there was the realisation of there being a problem. I think everyone felt for Nakajima when he set off again to complete the race on hybrid power and his body language when he got out of the car and walked back to his pit garage said it all. I was moved to see the flag bearer on the finish line with the chequered flag leave his position and walk over to the stricken Toyoto to console Nakajima as he got out of the car.

I went out before this thread started and was back this morning.  Took the caravan, and we had a lot of mud.  Good race, sad end, but if you don't screw them together properly, this is what will happen

I was in the stand directly opposite the Toyota pit when the car came to a hault. The

We must have been in the same stand  .. Tribune 20?

We came back on the 18:30 ferry from Calais. Saw the problem including some immigrants cutting their way into the top of a HGV. Waited about 10 minutes in the queue then found another way through the town centre; straight on the ferry with no queue or any vehicle checks.

It's a real shame for Toyota but a great race.

Incidentally. Did anyone else notice Westfield exhibiting at the great british welcome on Friday ?

No but I saw a yellow one with the bonnet off just outside Houx when we left on Monday morning. Any takers?