24 Hours of Le Mans

Kyle

So, who's going? Sabbatical last year but I had been 5 years in a row previous to that. Small cohort of us this year going as Audi nobs in a horrific white convertible A5 borrowed from the owner of your local hair salon, soccer mom SQ5 and Mk1 Audi TT Quattrosport with Tron style reflective blue stripes so look out for us. We're at Houx Annexe for the first time after Porsche decided they wanted to build stuff all over Maison Blanche, which was (of course) the best campsite by far.

Yep

Heading down Thursday morning

• Like 1

Yep, were going wednesday morning :cool:

Le Mans

Yes, we are heading down Wednesday, car all stickered up

Catching the ferry from Plymouth Wednesday evenings hope to be there for lunch Thursday.. Weather's looking inserting over there...!

Kyle watch your stuff at houx lots of people were getting robbed even from there tent's while inside a sleep last time we stayed there

Thanks for that Mart, I'll inform the lads and load me shotgun. Not taking Westy's then gents?

As for weather looking yesterday it said storms. We'll be there Wednesday afternoon to set up shop. Do you all go out in LM Friday night?

We take to much gear to take the westy and we would never fit the petrol scooters in lol, normally find one of the mad friday gathering and have a laugh watching the burn outs but this year I think we're heading over to Arnage on the scooters. Safe journey to you all and enjoy yourselfs

I went last year for the first time (treat for my dad for his 70th) and really enjoyed it.  We went in the defender to fit in all the camping gear, BBQ etc.  I did feel a bit out of place on the ferry surrounded by super cars!

Based on some online recommendations we took push bikes which turned out to be a good idea.  Cycling around the French countryside in the dark trying to find Arnage and Mulsanne was one of the highlights.

Hope those of you going have a great trip.

Despite some lads we saw along the way who returned home due to flooding of campsites, once we rejected our initial plots everything was all good. The weathers been not too bad on the whole. Don't know what they were chon abart really.

Audi have a great stand in the village this year that you can go on top of and the Toyota stand is incred with simulators, wheel change challenge etc. Just been to the piscine and now I'm being bored by soccerball. Looking forwards to mad Friday and seeing what they've got in the square on the night.

So jealous

Question for the TV fans back home is there a live stream link to the first of this evenings qualifying sessions I have noticed Eurosport are not covering it? :t-up:

looks like its not live on tv this year becasue they have a new eurosport player which you have to pay 4.99 a month for

For those (like me) without Eurosport, radiolemans.com is a good way to follow the action on the radio (or at least it was from track side last year).  You can listen to their commentary on the website.