GUTTED! May need a new westfield :(

D7PNY

Thanks for all the moral support guys. Hopefully things can progress this week with insurance so I at least know where I stand.

Only downside so far is that all the really nice cars I've been offered are aeroscreened but tempted to venture back into the madness that is aeroscreened motoring...watch this space ;)

I have a screen, pillars, mirrors, fillet, wiper motor & wipers sat in the garage that I've put to one side in case I ever fancy changing at some point in the future - but if you are stuck, I'll be happy to let them go if it means you are back to where you need to be sooner :)

I have a screen, pillars, mirrors, fillet, wiper motor & wipers sat in the garage that I've put to one side in case I ever fancy changing at some point in the future - but if you are stuck, I'll be happy to let them go if it means you are back to where you need to be sooner :)

Many thanks for the offer Chris - Very kind.  Will bear that in mind.

The only car to really tempt me so far is a rather nice blue zetec in the for sale section but with full cage it unfortunately prevents the use of doors etc which is a real shame as otherwise spec is absolutely spot on and so is the seller which is SO important when buying cars like this IMO.

Dave

Agreed... Just buy the car and sort yourself out a decent coat later :laugh:

• Like 2

Agreed... Just buy the car and sort yourself out a decent coat later :laugh:

I VERY nearly did!  However, having owned both aeroscreen and windscreen car I have decided it needs to have windscreen as although the rush of aeroscreened car is fantastic,  I used the windscreened car SO much more! Many discussions with the boss about it telling me to get one with screen and as much as I hate to admit it, I think she is right (just don't tell her!)  ;)

If only the doors etc could work with the cage like they do on some caterhams.

Dave

Gull-wing half doors are the future anyway :) work perfectly with a cage

Doors can work with cage, Cleggy has them both

Really??! This might change things...

I didn't think it was possible?

Dave

They work, but I don't think you can open them, just climb in as per normal cage.

as much as I hate to admit it, I think she is right (just don't tell her!)  ;)

Dave

My silence comes at a price.......mate :p

My silence comes at a price.......mate :p

Bacon roll when I eventually get a car worthy of attending fennel on a sunday enough?  :p

They work, but I don't think you can open them, just climb in as per normal cage.

Ah, I see. I didn't even think it was possible to fit them though so that's possibly opened up some options...

• Like 1

Just get the blue one - it looks sweet :)

Chuck a half hood over it and you're sorted (ish)

Cleggy has ended up fixing his with I think some exhaust clamps at the top of the roll bar too so they are solid.

• 4 weeks later...

So it appears we are finally nearing a conclusion on my insurance.  Dragged on a little bit and now just arguing the knitty gritty of agreeing value!

Thank you for all the kind words and support!

Dave

• Like 3

yeah I had doors with my cage that did not open - I loved the comfort of driving with a windscreen and doors but I could not live with the huge blindspot (cage, window post and front edge of the door) so have now reverted back

I much prefer the look of the car without - if only there was a proper solution ???

• 4 weeks later...

Figured I'd best update this with my happy ending...

Had the car 2 weeks now and was lucky enough to have fantastic weather for the 500 mile drive home.

Attended first event at the weekend and car was great.  Couple of cosmetic things to sort, new tyres going on today and then lowered floor for winter upgrade!

anyway, pictures speak a thousand words as they say...

On the drive home:

Caterham_zpsuxtiomvb.jpg

At last weekends event:

13569048_1352966118063385_38891379375248

Dave

• Like 2