V8 Bonnet - to fit my SEIW

Scottyboy

Can you not graft a hump onto the original bonnet if your having it painted Scott?

I did ask this question yesterday of the chop shop man. Apparently he doesn't do scoops, unless I can get a scoop and then maybe.

Apologies for slight thread drift.

I am going to continue this conversation on my V8 Bonnet wanted ad, so as not to take over Mark's thread as I need to ask a few questions.

Cheers

Scott

Scott I can bring my bonnet over on Friday afternoon if this is any good and helps?

This is proving harder to do than I thought.

Any opinions on what this would look like grafted onto my "kit" SEIW bodywork bonnet. Its a Cobra Scoop and the dimensions work ok?

Not as pretty as the usual V8 bonnets from Westfield though I reckon.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dax-Cobra-427-Authentic-Rivet-On-Bonnet-Scoop-new-lower-price-/131065204726

Scott I can bring my bonnet over on Friday afternoon if this is any good and helps?

Sorry Chris, I missed this. That would be great. let me know a rough time so I can make sure Jon in the cop shop is still open and be there at the same time.

Thanks mate

Scott

Sorry Chris, I missed this. That would be great. let me know a rough time so I can make sure Jon in the cop shop is still open and be there at the same time.

Thanks mate

Scott

Chop shop, not cop shop, that would just be silly

I think the bonnet you need is the early v8 bonnet that has the scoop but not the 2 vent holes at the rear of the bonnet when I asked the factory at Stoneleigh last year they said they still had the moulds

I think the bonnet you need is the early v8 bonnet that has the scoop but not the 2 vent holes at the rear of the bonnet when I asked the factory at Stoneleigh last year they said they still had the moulds

Cheers Neil,

I am narrowing the search down, I am sure I will get there in the end.

Thx

Scott

The swage lines are different between a zk and kit bonnet

The Zk has thicker 'shoulder' and will not line up with the bonnet

If you want a scoop then you need to cut and amend your existing bonnet

Scott, I hope you don't mind but to keep  everything in one place and my forsale thread on topic and I've moved all your posts and the discussion from there and onto to this one   :)

Perfect Mark, thanks, felt guilty about hijacking your thread, so works for me. Sorry to be a pain. Teething troubles, I will get there.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.