• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

V8 Bonnet - to fit my SEIW

Scottyboy

Hi All,

Just trying to get everything in place for the body shop to finish the paint job on my new car and I decided that it might be nice to see if anyone out there has a V8 scooped engine cover, they want to sell. Colour and condition are kind of irrelevant as the body shop can repair and spray up to my chosen colour scheme.

The problem I have is getting one that will fit my car. Mine is a 2000 SEIW. After some inspection (all by Kingster, it has to be said) we came to the conclusion that it looks like there's two versions of the V8 bonnet.  One will fit the "Kit" style body work and one to fit the "ZK" style bodywork.

I have to make sure that any bonnet would fit my car and I think mine is classed as the "Kit" which Chris reckons is due to no locating pins/lugs on my bonnet when we took the existing bonnet off.

If any body has one local to the North East, I am happy to try it on. Any further away, it would have to be a good bet for me to travel. I can supply measurements and pictures if somebody comes forward who wants to sell.

Or my other alternative is to get the body shop to just make the scoop on the existing engine cover. They look really aggressive with that scoop. So, either way, I need scoopage.

Thanks for reading.

Scott

2000 is pretty late for Kit bodywork. If you look about halfway down this post, there are some excellent photos that show the differences in ZK bodywork from Kit.

Note, not every builder with ZK bodywork fits those two metal pins in the front edge of the bodywork, that slot into the nose cone.

Can help with the question, but yes you do need scoopage.

Scott I would be happy to bring mine up to try it out.

You have my email and phone number if this is any good

Chris

Scott I would be happy to bring mine up to try it out.

You have my email and phone number if this is any good

Chris

Cheers Chris,

The car is currently at JD Body Shop in North Shield's getting prepped.

Let me know if you are in or around Newcastle with your car and I would come down and meet you.

Thanks

Scott

2000 is pretty late for Kit bodywork. If you look about halfway down this post, there are some excellent photos that show the differences in ZK bodywork from Kit.

Note, not every builder with ZK bodywork fits those two metal pins in the front edge of the bodywork, that slot into the nose cone.

Cheers Dave, looking now.

Thx

Scott

I had the bonnet off the other day Dave - it seemed a lot more flexible than mine and the scuttle had the old "SE" imprint - so looked like 'kit' to me (although at the time I wasn't looking for that!)

It's true, SE moulded in sounds more like kit bodywork. Are we talking a 2000 supplied kit, or 2000 registered?

It's true, SE moulded in sounds more like kit bodywork. Are we talking a 2000 supplied kit, or 2000 registered?

Registration with DVLA is March 2000, car built before that, so kit made before that.

*** Moderation Note: some of these posts and discussion have been moved from this thread so as to keep the forsale section on topic ***

Hi Mark,

If this is still for sale, I am interested in this bonnet. However, I will need to know if I can replace mine with it, as my car is a 2000 registered SEIW. I think its classed as "kit" body work as opposed to "ZK". however, I am unsure. So I have had the body shop measure it.

These are the 3 measurements I got the body shop to take earlier today, are you able to confirm if your bonnet is the same size please?

1) Outer edge of bonnet flat surface left to right (rear) 99cms as seen in this pic Near scuttle I think

1_zps89rb2jwf.jpg

2) Outer edge of bonnet flat surface left to right (nose) 71cms as seen in this pic

2_zpshhdvuwiy.jpg

3) Length of bonnet, front to back.

3_zpsuzqy4qh6.jpg

If you could let me know if yours is the same, it would help me make the decision to purchase.

This is also the first time I have tried to post a photo, so apologies if it doesn't work.

Regards

Scott

Sorry, last measurement (3) was 101cms.

Thx

Scott

Those dimensions will be the same for both ZK and Kit bodywork

Have a read of this thread.

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/104285-spot-the-difference-–-bodywork/

Although not much to go on, from the photos, I'd guess yours was kit type bodywork, (just like Chris reckoned).

In this instance, (type of bodywork), the 2000 registration date is a bit of a red herring!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the end result, sounds like it should be a cracking car...

Scott remember that it's not size that matters ;)

The swage lines are different, so your nose cone and scuttle need to match the bonnet in design as well as size.

Scott remember that it's not size that matters ;)

The swage lines are different, so your nose cone and scuttle need to match the bonnet in design as well as size.

Ahhh, swage lines. Is that the flat bit under the bonnet sides that sit in the engine sills? So are we saying that, if I bought this V8 bonnet, it would either stick out too far or sit in too far, thereby making my car look a little odd? 

Allow me to ask an open question,  Is there a definitive bonnet with a scoop that would fit my car with existing scuttle and nose cone?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.