Foss services

Mike

9.45am A429 Stow-On-The-Wold

Mark

10.20am A429/M40 Junction

10.35am Stoneleigh Park

Hope I have not missed anyone

• Like 1

So potentially guys, how many cars will be 'in convoy' en route?

Also, being on a thirsty crossflow with a smallish tank, are there any planned fuel stops....I'd only need one en route as be topping up at Salisbury anyhow!

Looking forwards to it..

you wont be alone on the fuel stops !!

• Like 1

That's 10 then....really looking forward to it chaps!

Cheers Ross for sorting from Salisbury....fingers and toes crossed for a dry run and day as no wet weather gear and hate using half doors also. Will be getting wet if it's raining as will be going whatever the weather lol..

Is there a postcode for the square as unfamiliar with Salisbury?

Mart.

The A417 stop is at a petrol station if you could make it that far?

Wow!

Mind you, you do notice on many Westfields, there's a big difference in consumption between doing a steady sixty on a dual carriageway to cover the miles, and ahem, let's say "spirited" driving ;)

• Like 1

I'll need at least one myself too. I'm still a bit new to mine and haven't really worked out how many miles I get to a tank. All I know is the 170 mile trip back from when I bought mine took over three tanks

Focking hell...................  you might as well strap a 20ltr jerry can to the back of the car  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Like 1

I reckon I get 130 miles to a tank I only stopped once on the way up to Stoneleigh last year

I've had about the same from a tank, cruising to and from Stoneleigh in previous years.

Though last year on the OEM Honda throttle body it was insane! The weather was really bad, very heavy rain and lots of standing water, so no heavy right foot, no letting it get into the VTEC zone, where it noticeably drinks more. And we probably did 50-60mph most of the way down on the motorway.

I got to 170 miles on a tank and only stopped to fill up because it was late on a bank holiday Sunday and I didn't know when I'd get another chance. I reckon I'd have got a good 220 miles out of the one tank though, if I hadn't stopped!

• Like 1

Cheers for the postcode Ross and looks as though there's a few in the thirsty club lol....

To be honest, I reckon mine will go for a few miles when the gauge is showing empty but don't really want to run out...and haven't been brave enough to try so far....

Anyone carry a can or is that a no no....I'm guessing it would be daft as well as dangerous?

Mart.

No, a few carry spare fuel.

As long as it's in a proper, safe container, and stowed away somewhere safe and secure, there shouldn't be an issue.

I'm sure I remember one member storing a jerry can somewhere underneath his boot box, up above the diff or somewhere in that area.

• Like 1