Westfield Sport 250

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

I took this one.

IMG_1102_zps50wolp9q.jpg

The engine certainly takes up some room but it is a very neat install.

• Like 1

I was there Friday.  That area of the show seemed very quiet.

I sat in the car and a few people gathered around. Amazing when someone is on the stand others then gravitate.

Car looked good and I like the new taller screen from the ST that is now available

Back and flicked through the camera. I wasn't picture happy unfortunately, so only got one to add to the above.

P1160003_s_zpsq3det1jx.jpg

The turbo is kept nice and close to the block, keeping it tidy and a decent amount of space around the hot bits. It's not finished, so couldn't tell me how it drives yet but didn't look a long way off. The engine appears to be braced at the front but I didn't notice this straight away.

The car itself is well specced to look at as you'd imagine (perhaps better orange? ;)) and inherits the taller windscreen from the Sport Turbo. That might help with some of the taller drivers who find themselves looking at the top of the normal screens. Not such a problem for those of a more compact nature such as myself.

The dyno chart for the engine was on display and the torque just seemed to come in instantly then tail off gradually. Pretty much a triangle with a steep side on the left and shallow on the right. You can imagine when cruising behind traffic and spotting an opportunity to overtake you don't have to bother changing gear whatever speed you're doing.

• Like 1

Looks great, I wish I could get my Air Filter back there (under the grill intake in the S2000 bonnet). It would take a long run of pipe around the engine bay...

Here are my photos

25C695DD-7D28-4E35-A51C-4DA157480319_zps

3E90EE45-FDC5-43FC-A1AB-0529E727DA0C_zps

Engine bracing

3EBD7EA6-AF96-474B-96BC-64BC07BD3721_zps

Nice air Pipework

C7A7251F-2ECC-4650-A384-34A346B12879_zps

Big exhaust!

2E83DFE0-87CE-46B6-A0D1-F39960919087_zps

Car looked good and is a great choice for someone wanting all new parts and good power from a crated engine

whats the box above the pedals for,  fly by wire throttle??

am i the only one that thinks it looks a bit of a mess of an engine? I mean there's wires and pipes all over the shop. I'm sure what it does is brilliant and i'm genuinely interested in it but its just a bit aesthetically bad without the nice plastic cover that i assume it would have in the focus.

It's a top mounted accelerator pedal hence cover to go over the positioner/sensor

whats the box above the pedals for, fly by wire throttle??

am i the only one that thinks it looks a bit of a mess of an engine? I mean there's wires and pipes all over the shop. I'm sure what it does is brilliant and i'm genuinely interested in it but its just a bit aesthetically bad without the nice plastic cover that i assume it would have in the focus.

Agreed! Not a pretty engine!

I guess with modern engines being covered up so much less thought is made to aesthetics of the engine itself.

Personally I feel n/a > turbo (especially in a 7) but would love to drive one on track and see how it felt. If could get the power delivery right then could be a real weapon and reliable!

Dave

I am sure if they become popular one of our carbon traders would make a nice cover for the engine

I am sure if they become popular one of our carbon traders would make a nice cover

rather than use a top mounted pedal I used a Audi A4 sensor and made a link bar for my sensor to floor mounted accelerator pedal which meant I have mounted below the scuttle and can use a simple carbon cover admittedly none std due to new steering column

• Like 1

MX5 Mk2.5 diff, 4:1 ratio

Mk2.5 ??? Is that right Gary ? i'd be suprised they haven't used the Mk3 diff the same as in the Sport Turbo's