Moving a SORNd car

Rhett Turner - Black Country AO

Dress up as Santa to deliver it :yes:

Rhett - don't forget that when (or if) you move it, you will have to change the SORN address!!

• Like 1

Jesus, don't be putting that idea in his flippin head. does he change the sorn address just before its moved (which technically is an offence) or change it afterwards (again not 100% legal). I think he'd have to update the sorn details when it's equidistant between the 2 drives, and hope nobody questions it....

• Like 1

I wonder how many of us would have just waited till the main road was quiet, and relatively unobserved, and either pushed or driven it round. (Can't recall if it's able to run or not).

I was once asked to help get an old Westfield in a poor state between its old owners and new owners houses. It had been off the road for years and years, had no cylinder head on, - removed after cracking in a frost, and one front brake that had rusted solid had been removed from the disc and clamped on a piece of steel bar taped to the chassis.

The idea was to tow it, with the only vehicle possessing a tow hook at the time, a garden tractor! It was about two miles, down quiet B roads house to house.

I'm not saying if I ever helped or not, but it got moved. And I'm sure I'd have been terrified, if I'd helped.

I wouldn't even have bothered asking my dad, it would just have been done without a second thought.

• Like 2

I wonder how many of us would have just waited till the main road was quiet, and relatively unobserved, and either pushed or driven it round. (Can't recall if it's able to run or not).

I was once asked to help get an old Westfield in a poor state between its old owners and new owners houses. It had been off the road for years and years, had no cylinder head on, - removed after cracking in a frost, and one front brake that had rusted solid had been removed from the disc and clamped on a piece of steel bar taped to the chassis.

The idea was to tow it, with the only vehicle possessing a tow hook at the time, a garden tractor! It was about two miles, down quiet B roads house to house.

I'm not saying if I ever helped or not, but it got moved. And I'm sure I'd have been terrified, if I'd helped.

i towed my sierra donnor car from Blackpool to liverpool. that had no tax/mot. dunno if it was legal or not. i did ask the police and the only info they would give me was keep it off the M6 and i was likely to be insured because the tow car was.

Use Harry Potter's invisibility cloak

For gods sake just do it and put us all out of our misery :getmecoat:

Reading this thread has taken longer than moving the car!!!