New company car - what 4x4?

TAFKARM

Turns out my beloved Golf GTD, only a year old it being written off. On the bright side, time for a new car. 

Since we moved, the Golf didn't really "work" for us - it was too small and due to our location we could really do with a 4x4. 

Considering a Discovery Sport - does anyone have any experience?

What location is that?

I can understand wanting a larger car than a golf, and or not wanting a golf, but there are not many places in the UK you need a 4x4 to get to even in snow!

If it is needing snow access on steep country roads the something like an Octavia 4x4 would get my vote. Else just get a 3 series estate surely?

Daniel

On top of an exposed hill just outside the Peak District.

We want a full size "SUV" really.

What location is that?

I can understand wanting a larger car than a golf, and or not wanting a golf, but there are not many places in the UK you need a 4x4 to get to even in snow!

If it is needing snow access on steep country roads the something like an Octavia 4x4 would get my vote. Else just get a 3 series estate surely?

Daniel

If he has to visit sites for work, you'd be surprised how frequently you do benefit from a proper four wheel drive. I gave up on beemer estates etc a few years ago after getting fed up having to lug heavy equipment and tools the final hundred yards in some cases, but more often haldpf a mile or more. It got so silly on some jobs if have to take someone with me, just to help move stuff from the car to the actual place of work.

^ also I may not NEED one, but we want one. Much like we don't need the Westfield...

• Like 1

I have found the Volvo XC60 to be dynamically sound on the road and capable in slippery conditions with excellent comfort too. It would get my vote!

• Like 1

On top of an exposed hill just outside the Peak District.

More than your typical summer breeze last time i visited ...ooop norf weather :-)

Discovery Sport is really Freelander 3, it's not that big load capacity wise.

An X5 is useless if 4x4 capability is needed and they destroy rear tyres.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...