Blackpool Illuminations 30 September with Lancs and Mancs

Rory's Dad

alex is coming with me

Well, what a disaster for me!

Left home at 5 with plenty of time to make the meet at 6:30, but what should have taken me 1 hour, took nearly 2, due to M62 traffic, getting there half an hour late at 7. Off we go and I follow Paul out of the car park, but he goes and 5 cars pass before I can get out. My SatNav is set for Blackpool and takes me off the roundabout, but no Paul waiting, I pull up and wait for someone else to come, and wait, and wait. No one comes so I go home. Sorry I made you all wait then promptly go and get myself lost. Hope you all had a good time anyway.

There's always next year.

Shame we lost you Robin :(

Around 25 Cars, mainly Westies cruised down the prom.

When I turned left at the roundabout I tootled up the hill at 35mph til' people started catching me, then I took off, sorry we lost you Robin I assumed you were the car behind me. :(

My Sat Nav took me straight on at the roundabout. I just lost you and not knowing which way you went I decided to cut my loses and go home. Got to see the last half of Bake Off though.

Please read Dave Eastwood's post.  I try and drive sensibly but if you have Tricky (f'rinstance) bringing up the rear then progress is for him either too fast or too slow.  I only mention Tricky because he never fails to tell me about it!  

Doing this in the dark is that much harder

When I turned left at the roundabout I tootled up the hill at 35mph til' people started catching me, then I took off, sorry we lost you Robin I assumed you were the car behind me. :(

The other thing to do is give a double toot when everyone is ready to go.  It started as a "...for Gawd's sake get going Martin!" to a useful proceedure.

I'm quite good at leading Martin (even if I do say so myself) and that's the first time I've lost the second car in the line :rolleyes:

Just goes to show don't allway's believe what your sat nav say's

• Like 1

I'm quite good at leading Martin (even if I do say so myself) and that's the first time I've lost the second car in the line :rolleyes:

Just goes to show don't allway's believe what your sat nav say's

Those leading are often use to it, and have no trouble keeping at least the next few cars, (or however many can be seen) behind. What seems to have happened a bit recently, is that those in the middle of the convoy aren't aware of how to help guide the convoy from their own position.

Sorry Mr Spider, just realised that might have sounded like I meant you, I didn't, it was a more general comment from questions I've been asked and runs I've been on that got me thinking that we just sort of assume everyone's going to do much the same when travelling in groups!

Right, now where are the photos and stories of your escapades??

Well you've all heard my story, lets see some photos.

I have no access to photo bucket at the moment so I have Facebook messages robin with my photos, hopefully he could put a few on for us all.

Brilliant evening, beautiful fish and chips too. Sorry you missed it robin, I did blow my horn a few times to you.

There are a few on my Facebook page.