Clan McWesty: Ingliston Revival - 13th September 2015

Rab (bombero) Reid

Think I will be taking my crash helemt ...............not everyday you get a chance to drive round this track!!

Yes, crash helmets compulsory if you're wanting onto the track, folks!

when i asked all the slots for the track driving were taken! but you never know if people don't' turn up! sorry Alaister dragging the wife along! although i don't think she will last the whole day!  

James has had to call off therefore, his place is going up for grabs! It gets your Westy plus two persons onto the Club stand. Email James (james@jlas.co.uk) directly so he can email you the tickets to print off - you'll NOT get in without tickets! You'll also need to be there (via East Gate) for 8:15am at the very latest! We're on Pitch 10.

guys.... I am an idiot! 

I knew i had to renew my insurance soon and thought it was due on Monday (i.e ran out at midnight on Sunday) but I have just looked and it runs out at 12:00noon tomorrow ! I tried to phone A Plan but they are closed on Saturday afternoons and not open again until Monday! 

I feel like a such a wally! 

I would still like to come if that is ok ? unless there is another westy owner who can use my entry to get into the concourse. If not i will bring the normal car park on the normal parking and just walk in (with my head in shame!) Happy to man the stand for a few hours to let others see the rest of the show! 

Many thanks 

Paul "idiot" newnham! :(

Oh dear .. that's 2 down and no taker for their tickets!! :( I know that it's very last minute, but we could really do with filling these places!

Spotted two Westie's on Anderson Drive at junction with Gt Western Road (Aberdeen). Guess it was a couple of cars returning from Ingliston. I think one had a saltire on the weather gear.

• Like 1

Spotted two Westie's on Anderson Drive at junction with Gt Western Road (Aberdeen). Guess it was a couple of cars returning from Ingliston. I think one had a saltire on the weather gear.

Aye, that's oor Campbell returning from Ingliston. Came down with William and Chris - great effort!

Guilty as charged .......should have given us a honk on the horn.....where were you ?

• Like 1

How was the show.

some mixed reviews on facebook.

For a one-off event, and the first undertaken in many years, I think it went very well! There could've been more stalls and more historic race cars and racers but the latter two have been hard to locate due to time. No a bad wee show and the company made it a guid craic!

Read varying reports on Facebook but most seem to have been disappointed and viewed it as a promotional day for their supercars experiences rather than a revival.

Bob

Read varying reports on Facebook but most seem to have been disappointed and viewed it as a promotional day for their supercars experiences rather than a revival.

Bob

What some people fail to note was that this was a one-off event sponsored by the resident Gift Scotland company so there was obviously going to be an element of business opportunity. What some may not have mentioned was that it was opened by Lee McKenzie (F1 pit commentator), and attended by Russ Swift, Doug Niven and John Cleland, all who entertained the crowds with different driving displays.

I'd agree that it wasn't a barnstorming adrenalin filled speedfest and I'd like to have seen some more historic racers and companies showing their wares but it was good enough for us ie free entry and a chance to get together socially and talk to the crowds of interested public .. and there was a lot! I personally spoke to some old boys who used to race at Ingliston and is was great to chat to them and they admired the Club cars.

It wasn't for everyone as I heard a few young dudes talking about ripping up their hoods in their Pugs and Fiestas .. they didn't look too impressed with the serious metal there!