Clan McWesty: Ingliston Revival - 13th September 2015

Rab (bombero) Reid

Hi ALL
The above event is taking place at the old Ingliston race track near Edinburgh airport, and we're going to be putting up a Club stand on SUNDAY 13th. More details of the event here: http://www.ingliston.co.uk/
As always with these types of events, a lot of organising is required and for our part, we need to submit names/cars/reg of those interested in attending very soon. Your car does NOT have to be a pristine show car, just maybe give it a wash and you're done - it's all about promoting the Club, the genre and having a good time with like minded people!

Those attending will have to be there by 08:00 at the very latest (site health & safety regs) and can't leave before 17:00.

Please let me know asap if you want to put your name forward. Remember, this isn't a concourse or show'n'shine - just put your name forward and get one of the best parking spots for the day! :d

This event will mean us moving/postponing/cancelling the calendar run to Dukes Pass pencilled in for this day .. maybe do this on the following Sunday?

Roll Call
Rab
Matt
John
Campbell
Paul
Craig
William
Chris
James
Steve

Thanks Rab - Reg no is Q928 VAB in case you need it again.

Cheers,

Matt

• Like 1

Put my name down Rab, not sure about Chris as he is on holiday till next Wed, but I suppose you could put him in too for now.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is true for all who will be doing the track run( not at race pace by the way) my friend is in the Lotus forums and has been told if taking car on track must have helmet ( approved I believe) on while doing this........just a heads up

Hi Rab count me in too !

Thanks William

Oh Oh better pack the black tape and fuses!!

• Like 1

Attention to those whose names appear in the first post - I'll soon be sending out a blank spec sheet to fill in for your car. Please complete and return to me. Don't worry about formatting, spelling, etc as I'll tidy them up.

Info should be limited to one sheet of A4 ie you can use both sides but no more. Try and provide some detail ie 'Sabelt 4-point harnesses' and not just 'Harnesses'.

ATTENTION - all the guys listed on the first post .. you have mail! :t-up:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking like thermals and weather gear required for Sunday ..............:-(

Looking like thermals and weather gear required for Sunday ..............:-(

Ah boo, is it! :-(

I'll post shortly with a meeting point but it might just be a case of meeting everyone in there..

I don't know if all of you that are going have received an email from the organiser but I recently received more info for Sunday (extract below):

• You must bring your entry tickets with you.
  • Your Car(s) will be located in Pitch number - 10.
  • Arrival Times on Saturday and Sunday are 7am - 8am, any cars arriving after 8.15am will not be admitted immediately, and may have to park in public parking at a cost of £5 until we can arrange access.
  • Track Registration opens at 9am in the Highland Hall of the MacRobert Pavillion and the Driver's Briefing will take place at 10am in the same location, all track participants must attend this briefing.
  • Passengers must register and they will also be issued with a circuit wristband.
  • All drivers and passengers must wear a helmet, please note we do not have any on-site for hire, you will not be allowed access to track without a helmet.

Although the above states that there's strictly no admission after 8:15am, the other joining instructions state 8:00am, so please aim to be in for 8:00am to be sure of entry. Anyone who is late, will be asked to park in the public area (at £5 per car) and may get entry to the Club stand once safety marshals are in place.

We're on Pitch 10, so unless you've planned to meet up with others to travel through together, the best thing to do on arrival is to just go straight to the pitch and we'll all meet there.

• Like 1