What do you love or hate about your Westfield?

Snappy

Love pretty much all of it!

Hate my type 9 gearbox.

Over the years why have they never sorted proper ratios? They sell you a fully recond box that's wrong, a few extra pennies and it would be sorted from the off.

My box was rubbish from day one poor change sticking in fifth all which settled down, ish, but after five hundred miles one knackered prop and rear tail bush, fixed that then at 1800 miles the synchro's on third and forth are no more...

Track day at donnington this Tuesday evening which will be fantastic the only draw back will be my crunchy gearbox..lol

Agree. It's the one thing I dislike and will be getting upgraded over the winter with luck.

• Like 1

I hate the fact my rev counter wont work.

I purchased a new VDO counter for £150, had three garages try to get it going, Purchased a Nodiz Pro as an upgrade on my car and that does not seem to work with the counter either.

Spent a few hundred quid to date but still not working.

Same with the speedo. it has had the bolts checked on the propshaft thing and the car has been calibrated over a measured mile but it wavers between 10 - 30mph and that's it.

Apart from those two things I love everything about the car but the above really wind me up each time I go out. 

• Like 1

Geoffrey, does your rev counter have a resistor across the terminals? My vdo needed one. As for speedo it was easy to fit a cycle computer sender and magnet.

Hello Chris.

Yes that has been done. It was sent back to VDO. One garage told me I needed a new one gauge so I bought one, Then Blink managed to get my old one working and now my regular garage cannot get it to work with the Nodiz Pro.

They have suggested getting a different make of gauge.

Hours have been spent including one auto electrician.....forgot about him.

I :yes: that there is always something to do on the car

I :no: that there is always something that needs doing on the car

• Like 2

^

love it lol

The only things I hate aren't really because of the car, they're the things I hate about driving in modern Britain.

These things mean I have to drive the car in late evenings if I really want to actually have an enjoyable blat without a) someone trying ruin my day b) someone trying to kill me.

What I love is just the fact it's not your typical eurobox, it's something most people will never understand and it fits my personality to a tee.

• Like 1

Back to the Type 9 box.  The 4 speed had a reputation in its day, but the 9 was thought to be a bodge.  Mine has worked well until yesterday, when it decided to go into 3rd instead of 5th.  Not good at 120 mph, but its proved that the engine's good to over 9,000 rpm :oops:

And there's nowhere left to drive it properly on public road

• Like 4

Love having an 8v mighty cross flow...  hate the fact I might have to change it...

Seeing it sitting in the garage looking very forlorn without an engine in it and dreading trying to put the new engine back in when it's ready.

LOVE that mines good at all things...

*Looks good

*Comfortable and flexible for day long journeys/blats

*We're fast on track as current duel for SS Class A honours demonstrates

*Reliable

HATE Nothing, although

Wish it was excellent at everything rather than a compremise for all uses. But this is something only owning 2 Westies would fix :d

• Like 1