New member, new engine

McDuff

No template I'm afraid, just a gentle time with the dremel, my current bonnet has been cut to sheds cos the new engine position is different to the old one.

I've ended up swapping to a ramair filter instead.

No template I'm afraid, just a gentle time with the dremel, my current bonnet has been cut to sheds cos the new engine position is different to the old one.

I've ended up swapping to a ramair filter instead.

I`ve just got rid of the green tint it left on my patio Rich  :d

Let me know if there`s anything I can do to help out with this CVH transplant .  :t-up:

• Like 2

I`ve just got rid of the green tint it left on my patio Rich  :d

Let me know if there`s anything I can do to help out with this CVH transplant .  :t-up:

Oops! Works though

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice etc.  Hope to change the engines over next Wednesday.  Will keep you up to date!    Still looking for a correct size air scoop to cover the hole left by the old 1600 cvh carb setup.

Hope to swap engines on Wednesday.  Is there any advantage in very slightly warming up the car prior to dismantling the oily bits?  Does this help with undoing stubborn bolts etc?      Just a thought.

Welcome, 62 just a boy, crack on get it done. Enjoy the aches and pains that follow. Wouldn't waste any time on warming it up as you will only burn yourself on something hot.

Bob :d

What Bob said! While warming is great for an oil change as it's nice and thin to drain out, for an engine change it just increases the risk of burns when you grab the wrong bit.

What are you doing with the 1.6?  I might be interested in buying it if it's in excellent shape as my 1.6 CVH might be fatally wounded. :(

Well, we did it all by our little selves, (with a few phone a friend calls!).   The 1.9L is sitting in the Westie,  waiting for a long list of connections.   Whether we did it right ,  we'll soon find out !

• Like 1

BTW Scott did you get my message?

Cheers...............John

Yes John, I replied to your PM yesterday :t-up: