Oulton Park Gold Cup

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

As Julie says, we were lucky with the weather! Good to meet some new faces too!

Looking forward to Monday

Andy

Right, roof up, off for a rather wet looking day 3 of the Gold Cup; don't think I'm going to be scoffing ice cream cones today!

• Like 1

Good turn out yesterday (Sunday) plenty tea and coffee, good conversation and no rain whatsoever. Sadly witnessed a spectacular shunt at cascades where a F5000 cartwheeled and threw a rear wheel off luckily no one hurt both cars a lot worse for wear. Thanks again to Jeff and John plus all the others for a friendly tented Westfield encampment. Next year we are discussing barbecues, well why not.

Bob :westy:

Bit damp at the Cup today, but still a really enjoyable day. Many thanks to John for the tickets and all those that helped organise everything!

The cars absolutely covered in mud now though, looks like I've been on the rally course with the Group B cars.

Yep, big thank you John for sorting the tickets.

Shame it was a tad damp most of the day, but yep those minis and lotus cortina were great fun to watch. Rally stage great too

Andy

Thanks to John and Jeff for all their efforts. Another good days racing and good company. Well attended despite the weather.

Roll on next year!!

Well done and big thanks must go to Mr & Mrs J. Joiner for all there hard work in making this w/e such a success with plenty tea coffee & cakes coming all day long , hope the St. Lukes fund got swollen with donations  

Drove home in company with Jeff ,  as we were leaving the queue for the A49 he shouted something about "warrington" , couldnt quite catch what he was saying but it soon became clear a little later on  , apparently he'd had a text message to say it was chucking it down there . It wasn't long before we got caught up in the cloudburst , the deluge couldnt have got any wetter , we could have swum home and been drier.  M56 / M6 was great fun in the spray     :ph34r:

I think Nigel might have got a good soaking too .

Great meeting all the old and some new faces , love this event and look forward to the next  :t-up:

thanks for organising  :t-up:

The big thanks go to Jeff.

He and Nige turned up all three days. He also supplied bacon butties, cream cake, chocolate cake (absolutely delicious, so I'm told) and endless supplies of tea and coffee, all at his own expense. The donations go to St Luke's Hospice.

So thanks again, Jeff, star man.

Shelter looked great this year, and Stirling work by Jeff and the team putting it up - I know he was worried about the wind last thing before us light weights left on Saturday; all looked nice and ship shape still, come Monday.

Many thanks to John and Jeff for organising this event and of course thanks to Barbara for the cakes! The shelter and the hospitality made a great event even better, fantastic in fact, well done to all concerned.

Yes thanks for the picture of the cakes. Not one cake, but two hey, just trying to rub it in then. Plus endless tea and coffee, I could have doubled your donations, yum, yum, yum. 

Get you next year  :d

Thanks v much for the tickets too.

A very good time was had by all.

Very well organised by Jeff and John .

I did offer  to wash the dishes but was prevented as I am

cack handed and may have dropped a few.  

Thanks 

Peter

I am cack handed and may have dropped a few.  

Thanks 

Peter

we wondered where the smell was coming from  :)