Oulton Park Gold Cup

John Dolan - Wirral & North Wales AO

Organising events for the Westfield Wirral and North Wales clan is enjoyable, but sometimes it can be a little testing.

The questions for tickets to the Oulton Park Gold Cup meeting were:-

1. do you want to attend?

2. which days?

3. what is your registration number?

4. what is your name?

So the text from xxxxx xxx610 saying " I want to come to Oulton Park, can i have a ticket?" leaves a little bit to be desired.

I understand there may be reasons why you don't want your whereabouts or identity known:- dyslexia, maybe you are a member of a terrorist group or a member of our counter-intelligence services, or even, more seriously, if you are under the thumb, but if you don't let me know your reg number then you won't get a ticket. If this compromises you too much then, of course, the WSCC will understand and we will miss you. Otherwise please answer the ******g questions.

John.

Not having a good day.

Tomorrow will be better.

And there's me thinking I'd had a s### weekend John.     :down:

Jeff 

Saturday for me please John....many thanks Andy

PM sent

Organising events for the Westfield Wirral and North Wales clan is enjoyable, but sometimes it can be a little testing.

The questions for tickets to the Oulton Park Gold Cup meeting were:-

1. do you want to attend?

2. which days?

3. what is your registration number?

4. what is your name?

So the text from xxxxx xxx610 saying " I want to come to Oulton Park, can i have a ticket?" leaves a little bit to be desired.

I understand there may be reasons why you don't want your whereabouts or identity known:- dyslexia, maybe you are a member of a terrorist group or a member of our counter-intelligence services, or even, more seriously, if you are under the thumb, but if you don't let me know your reg number then you won't get a ticket. If this compromises you too much then, of course, the WSCC will understand and we will miss you. Otherwise please answer the ******* questions.

John.

Not having a good day.

Tomorrow will be better.

Thought you retired folks weren't supposed to get stressed  :p

:swear: 

Thought you retired folks weren't supposed to get stressed  :p

Stressed! Stressed!

You ain't seen nothing yet.

:swear:  :bangshead:  :excl:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys and girls.

Loads of interest in the Gold Cup. And no wonder, because it's one of the best events of the year.

So far we have:-

Dave Eastwood

Nic Chase

Rich Buckley

Dom McDaid

Richard Cable

Bob Redman

Jeff Stephens

Andy Dowler

Andrew Jackson

Andrew Wilkes

Graham Lee

Peter Darwin

Bernie Darwin

Simon Gainey

Dom Banks

Julie Hall

Richard Cross

John Dolan

Don't forget, the pass is for a Westie and driver. If you have a passenger they will have to pay. And you can't use the pass for a non Westie. Not my rules. Our allocated spec is on the Avenue, with views over Lakeside, Hilltop and Knicker Brook. Doesn't get any better than that.

And the weather forecast is fantastic, so bring your factor 30 and your brolly.

It would help me if you could let me have your postal address, otherwise you can pick up your ticket at the venue, but if I'm indisposed you might have to wait while I finish the business in hand. :-)

See you there, it's going to be a great weekend.

John.

As always, great job sorting this out John, much appreciated. Looking forward to it

Andy

• Like 1

Yep, thanks John, always appreciated. I missed the Gold Cup when they went through the historics only phase. Really looking forward to it.

Sorry John, I must be in the states on business this weekend so can't make it

Tickets have arrived, please let me have your postal addresses.

John.

Hi John,

Is it too late to get a ticket please. I sent you a text about a month ago but didn't want to pester you as I presumed you were over run with it all. I've just noticed that you haven't got me on your list. Cheers Richard

PM'd with address.

D