My First Sprint - Javelin Sprint Series

benedwards64

The 528 and the 147 are hardly standard - the beemer is a stripped out E34 running an E46 M3 engine. Looks and sounds pretty fantastic :)

The 528 and the 147 are hardly standard - the beemer is a stripped out E34 running an E46 M3 engine. Looks and sounds pretty fantastic :)

Pics please!

Hi Ben, really pleased you are enjoying it so much, great competition with cars very close.

Which circuit are you using so I can get a handle on the times you have posted.

Thanks Nick

Hi Nick

Javelin visit Blyton twice over the year - this time we were using the Eastern circuit. Start was from the usual pit-lane exit, and I have attempted to show roughly where the finish was below (blue line):

Blyton%20east_zpsjkkusdwb.jpg

Again, the difference in layouts probably means that comparing times with the WSS is pretty hit-and-miss :)

• Like 1

I should also mention again how well-run the day was. Despite turning up to this:

temporary_zpsajcsyawc.jpg

...and the resulting hour-delay to the start, we still managed two sighting laps, an untimed practice run and eight timed runs. Not bad considering there were 70-80 cars there in total.

Anyway, last pic with its little bit of silverware :)

temporary_zps5apwaejn.jpg

Brilliant stuff, well done :t-up:

Have a feeling these sorts of events are going to become more popular next year...

Yes me too, I like the look of them and the value for money with the number of runs. Might have to give my decisions for next year some serious thought now.

Ben - any idea what rules on tyres there are? Bit frustrated that I've got a good set of Kumho's that I now can't use in the speed series, but would they be allowed here?

Next year they are splitting out the Javelin and Toyota days, so there'll be space for 60-70 cars in total at a guess.

Barny, in our class (most, if not all Westfields will be in B1 or B2 depending on whether they're bike- or car-engined) the rules on tyres are:

Class A, B & C - Slick & competition tyres are permitted providing the vehicle is

a). Fitted with a roll cage or has suitable roll over and impact structures in place in the case of single seater type vehicles

b). Supension and brake components have been sufficiently upgraded to handle the stress such tyres would put on the vehicle.

5.3 - Warming of tyres prior to the start of each run is not permitted.

That's it :)

Full set of regs if you want a read:

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=265&Itemid=907

• Like 1

For the sake of balance I should also point out, for those used to more rigid class structures, that the current setup would effectively lump all bike-engined Westfields and all car-engined Westields into one class respectively (B1 and B2). This would also include any other bike- or car-engined kit or 7-type cars such as Ultimas, Caterhams, Strikers etc etc. 

It's not something that bothers me, but those of you with sub-200bhp (like me) most likely won't be fighting for class wins at any event attended by big-power cars. On the other hand, it's pretty fun going up against a 7-litre Ultima :d

Thanks Ben, looks an interesting circuit. I haven't driven that one.

Nice to see so many runs, what's the entry per day?

I've driven Eastern Circuit on trackday last year.

Curve Grande quite difficult to get right.

This looks very appealing due to amount of runs, simple class structure and rules that mean not going bankrupt in my first year ! If only the tracks were closer! :(