Clan McWesty: Central Region Local Run - 12th July

Rab (bombero) Reid

Okay, this post is also going in the 'Clan McWesty: Helianders Local Run 12th or 19th July' thread as alternatives to our calendar'd event for Ayrshire.

We agreed at Applecross to do just a localised run as we have Nev's charity blat'n'bbq planned for the 26th July and many don't want to/can't do too many long blats together, understandably!

So, us lowlanders - this is our thread to start checking for interest in a wee run of your own. Hopefully, we'll get enough interest even from a few!

Lomondside or maybe Sma' Glen..?

If I get my emissions below WOMD level (and an mot!) then count me in!

I should be ok for the 12th or 19th at the moment - 12th might be better, as it gives a weekend off to earn brownie points before Nev's BBQ?

Matt

• Like 1

I should be ok for the 12th or 19th at the moment - 12th might be better, as it gives a weekend off to earn brownie points before Nev's BBQ?

I tend to agree with the 12th .. not for brownie points as I'm a freebird :d but simply for a bit of time between the events.

12th suits me fine should have new tyres by then ? someone stole the tread of them at Applecross .

• Like 1

Hi 12th or 19th is fine for me, preference is for sma glen.

Cheers

Hi, I would finally like to get out on a run with you all but only option would be the 12th.

Thats if I dont break it on the 11th at Knockhill

12th for me guys. Anywhere is fine but would love to sample some roads on the south west as we have all done the rest several times.

• Like 1

how about a run to David Coultards place

Aye, I see Robert Craig of SKCC has put out a shout to us re a SW run down to Portpatrick taking in the David Coulthard museum, but that's a fair trek for me (just short of 4 hours!!), although tempting it might be better as a more full on run another time. Getting to DC's museum is more realistic at about 2.5 hours.

There's always the East Neuk of Fife..?

(Going to edit title post to say 12th as this seems to be the preferred date) :)

I could do the 12th. A Fife run was spoken about before but never came to be.

Anyone from West fife central or across the bridge could meet at the water front car park in South queensferry for pics under the rail bridge then into fife along to Kirkcaldy on the A921 then to Leven on the A915 before heading up the coast stopping at Anstruther then round to St Andrews?

Fife run would suit me too. Haven't been over that way for a while.

Matt