Cheshire to North Wales run, Evo Triangle, Ponderosa Cafe etc. This Saturday!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Sounds good :)

Who's is the one with no front number plate?

Do they run it like that all the time with no hassle from the law?

What a blast, cheers guys, just fed me and the Mrs after getting home..... 320 miles all in.... Including my tour of Worcestershire on the way home, must do it again soon, Nem.....

Nice to finally put a face to the avatar.

Good to meet you Paul.

It was there when we left the last petrol station constable, honest!!

• Like 2

That was me :-)

Lost it the other week and not had time to order a new one. Left the tape on so I could use the

It was there when we left the last petrol station constable, honest!!

We did pass the law as they was waiting to pull out of a side road. So I got close to the back of Daves car to hide the lack of plate :-)

• Like 4

That was me :-)

Lost it the other week and not had time to order a new one. Left the tape on so I could use the

Ah right! I can see the tape now I've zoomed in :)

What colour is your car?

As me and her indoors had a disagreement at Stoneleigh about it, she says I've got problems with my eyes as its white!

I said it is a very light blue? :)

'Fraid I'd agree, I'd have said white.

• Like 1

Mind you, it does always amaze me how many shades of (automotive) white and black there are! (I don't mean the cream colours, or proper greys). But there are lots of quite subtle variations between makers, some of the whites are quite cool, others richer and warmer.

• Like 1

On a separate, note, for those of us for whom like me, where yesterday was pretty much the first big run, (as in proper run, with a bit of, ahem, load on the car, as apposed to gentle runs down to Stoneleigh), 

Now is a good time to go round and do a spanner check as well as the normal fluid checks. 

And, for the F20C owners, don't forget that the pre-facelift cars often do use a bit more oil than you may be used to from other marques, specially if using VTEC regularly. This is perfectly normal, nothing to worry about etc. but do check your oil levels regularly, just to be safe.

Yep, had already planned to do that this week. It's funny how you tune into every little noise when your on your own on the way home. So it will just put my mind at rest.

As for the oil thats a pre blat check if it drinks it like the Audi.

Oh, and a couple of stand-out favourite moments from the trip; the sound of Lloydox passing me on the two lane section of A5 through the cutting, on the way to Betws', the throttle bodies were on "my side" and sounded awesome with the exhaust noise counter-point from the rest of us echoing off the rocky cutting walls. Thanks! (Did Si pay you a commission to do that? ;) )

And the other, every time Nemesis left a junction or had to manoeuvre while he was following me; could hear that V8 over everything!

:d 

Lloydox setting off car alarms.

I forgot about that :)  :)

Your car sounded rather nice Andy when you passed me and Dave before you turned right to go home. :yes:

And when I left you and turned right at the island, how did you sneak up behind me Dave when I've got that rear view mirror. ???