CLARKSON

housebeautician

For example, what about Sabine Schmidt, Suzie Perry, or maybe even Williams driver Suzie Wolff?

Schmidt is german and can't speak english good enough and never heard of the others

For example, what about Sabine Schmidt, Suzie Perry, or maybe even Williams driver Suzie Wolff?

Schmidt is german and can't speak english good enough and never heard of the others

??? Suzi Perry is the BBC F1 commentator, you must have seen her!

Surely you must be able to think of at least one lady who could do a good job?

As for speaking English good enough, JC couldn't even pronounce the names of many world cities correctly! :d :d :d

Suzi might talk a good F1 but can she drive? I think not.

Only women to do a good job is my SWMBO who does a good job on my wallet every pay day but wouldn't make a good top gear presenter.

JC used to do a good brummy accent and funny enough understood every word.

Sabine Schmitz (dunno who this Schmidt woman is) wouldn't be a great presenter. She would be a good 'Stig's sister' or similar for testing cars though. I'm sure there are women that could do a TG type role. I don't think any of them have been mentioned here. I suspect that like most of the TG team before 2003 we've probably not heard of them yet.

• Like 1

There has been much comment about possible female presenters of a TG type substitute programme.

If this was to work there would have to be a similar mix of characters to give the writers the ability to play them against each other. Therefore I would propose Guy Martin, Sabine and Jodie Kidd!

However, let's face it TG IS NO MORE. It was unique and I think any attempt to rekindle it would fail. The king is dead... long live the queen!?

Guy Martin is a bit to fast show for top gear.

I think they need to play out the series and then stick it on the shelf. Without clarkson it can't continue in its current form and just replacing all/any of the 3 just will perpetuate its downward spiral.

Then sit down and go back to the drawing board. I do t know how it what it can change to but TG as we know it I think is over

I do think that its whole format will have to change now he's gone.

I don't think the other two can keep it going too long on their own but who can you get to fill jezzas boots, coz it ain't Chris Evans  :laugh:

Perhaps a tasty looking young woman could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post your suggestions below  :t-up:

I'll start

Eva Longora (I would)

Kaley Cuoco + 1

Chloe Annett  +2

Sabine Schmidt (or some such spelling) She's the loon who tried a sub ten minutes on the Nurburgring in a Transit van......  she's got minerals..... and she's pretty too!

Lets be honest, no one in their right minds will take the show over as they will be compared with the old gang and it will never be the same.

I think that is why Chris Evans has ruled himself out, why risk a reputation?

If the BBC follow their new dictate then it has to have one female to balance out all male shows, hence we have Conutryfile with one farmer, a farmers son and an air head blonde to make it diverse enough.

Guy Martin is a great bloke, but he is more un PC than JC and couldn't quickly interact with people with humour.

Suzi Perry, looks are going and now is ordinary in my opinion, Ted is much better on F1 but is not wearing a skirt!

Sabrina, good driver presenter, no.

This is now a poison chalice for the BBC women who is tasked with saving it, any presenters that have a go at it and if Willman goes as well, anyone trying to produce it.

I think the bbc need to let clarkson may and Hammond see out there contracts ( as he's not been sacked ) get the last 3 episodes out the way then put the topgear franchise up for sale to other broadcasters and let them take on the hot potato.

I agree that the last few series have gone down hill but maybe this was after clarkson sold it to the bbc. Maybe he lost a bit off control over direction of format itself and thought enough was enough

As people have said on here. The three of them just work very well together. you would never think they would as you couldnt get 3 more different characters. It shouldn't work but it does

Maybe it would survive if it was Hammond or may but not without clarkson

Guy Martin = interested in bikes and trucks not super cars

Sabine schmitz = ring taxi driver with no real tv experience

Rowan akinson = car bore. Last funny thing he did was black adder

Let's face it clarkson is one of the last of a dying breed along with jonathan Ross and Charlie Brooker.

Just a shame them two aren't interested in cars

Sabine schmitz = ring taxi driver with no real tv experienc

*ahem* linky

But I'd agree that TG is probably dead - but then, all things have a shelf life and must run their course.  I'd rather it went out like this than with a whimper of tiny audiences.

All dead in the water.  TG might have survived with a series of hosts (with May and Hammond) Shows could have reflected hosts interests.  It works on HIGNFY.

Who'se that bird on the classic car show with quentin wilson , she can drive like mad , cuss like hell, talk the hind legs off a donkey and she's a real looker  :)

edit to say 

Just looked it up , Jody Kidd ! 

How about bringing the entire cast of Red Dwarf in to create a new car show?

Chris Barrie could take the lead, he's big on classic and British cars.......

Ok, so it wouldn't be TopGear, but you'll kill yourself laughing every single time it was on. It'd be even more politically incorrect than Clarkson! AND the missus would watch it because of Craig Charles being in Coronation ST.

Ah sod it, just create more Red Dwarf and put it in the TG slot :p

• Like 1