2015 WSCC/ Northampton Motorsport Speed Series Regs

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Nick

I just wasn't too sure whether the 75 points were for turning up and attempting a practice or whether you needed to attempt an official timed run.  I think the idea is good incase someone does have mechanical problems in practice.

As a suggestion perhaps delete f and add to h something like (Practice runs will not be included.other than for the 75 point rule as above)

Regards

David

Thanks David, I will give the wording some further thought. Haven't changed it for a few  years, just the number of points is now 75 rather than 20.

Re-reading it David, it is actually correct. f) means that to get more than 75 points you must do a timed run. g) means that you get 75 points for starting a practice run.

Nick

Sorry I may just be reading it too literally but it was h that I found a bit confusing as it says practice runs don't count which seemed to contradict f and g. 

Don;t worry David, I go cross eye'd reading the bl**** thing.

h is actually OK, what it's talking about in that section is which runs score points (ie not practice) and then how many of the runs count. So if there are 2 practice & 5 timed runs, we have sometimes told the competitors at the event that only the first 4 timed runs count. The most I think I have ever had was 8 timed runs at WSCC Scamonden and we had all had enough by then  :o

any chance of a cross flow class Nick?

(popcorn at the ready) :-)  :d  :d  :d  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

• Like 1

any chance of a cross flow class Nick?

(popcorn at the ready) :-)  :d  :d  :d  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

:d  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d

By the end of the year, we'll probably have 90 classes for only 75 competitors, that way you can all win your class.  :love:

• Like 2

Another good question:-

1. On the event list for 2015 we have both national A & national B events, as I currently only have a nat b licence does that mean I can not enter nat a events ?

You can enter Nat A events with a normal Nat B licence without any problem. It's there as the club pays the MSA more for a Nat A event, but it does then allow the British Sprint or Hillclimb to compete in the event.

• Like 1

And another one ;-

One more question when I joined WSCC I don't think I recieved a membership card so just wondered how I prove at signing on I'm a member of the club. 

In March before the first event, I will send out a Speed Series Pack, this includes a Membership/ Speed Series Card to use when signing on. It also includes your Championship stickers which must be displayed on the car. Together with Sponsor sticker (please display) and any other goodies I can get for you.  :d  :d 

• Like 2

That reminds me Nick.  I need to get you some stickers again

David

David

Don't suppose you need someone to model one of your latest ultra light weight carbon seats David ????????

Martin .. let's speak at the next meet .. I have a few ideas.

• Like 1

David

Would be a plan, you could of course give free seats to everyone, I'm sure they wouldn't complain  :o  :oops:  ???  :suspect:  :blush:

It's already close to that with the discounts I offer ;-)

• Like 1

Would be a plan, you could of course give free seats to everyone, I'm sure they wouldn't complain  :o  :oops:  ???  :suspect:  :blush:

I'm willing to bet someone would...! :p:laugh::rolleyes:

With an eye on competitors planning ahead and ideas for future projects: Will the revised engine rules for stroked/de-stroked engines in classes C and D and the 1800cc capacity cap for C definitely be carried over to 2016? Or failing that, is there a point in the year that there will/can be a 'freeze' on something like that?

Given how early our season starts, if some planning or even building has started on a new car before Christmas it doesn't give much time to change something as involved as an engine potentially. Even just getting a car to a reputable rolling road for some mapping etc can eat up most of the time between new year and the season starting, let alone the delivery time for some drivetrain parts if they are not totally off the shelf spec.