• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

MX5 engine DIY supercharger

Fat Thor

Great looking car - I really like the bodywork around the front suspension - the sr2 certainly looks a well engineered kit!

Is that a "Top Gear Patagonia Special" number plate ? :d

Nice car by the way and excellent engineering.

Thanks for the comments. Yes really pleased with the car. Took 9 months to build at £8k on the road ( I built to a real tight budget so reused MX5 loom, clocks etc) to build one now I'd budget 10-12k..

Car has now covered 7K miles ( track and road). Superb engineering which they are continually improving on.

Ha ha yes the number plate was the one DVLA issued. I didn't even realise until my daughter pointed it out.... Couldn't be more relevant ha ha

Edited by Tazzzzman1

I like the way the rear diffuser blends into the rear panel, is this a separate item and any idea if it could fit a Westfield.?

Yes the diffuser is a seperate panel. It fits neatly into the rear recess. As the Sr2 body is a copy of the Westy it might fit.... Best asking Roadrunner themselves

• 1 month later...

I've just seen you're most recent updated on the Pistonheads thread

DCEC83B4-9760-463C-AFF9-19DC03A39B91_zps

I want this! How much is the whole setup costing?

I've just seen you're most recent updated on the Pistonheads thread

DCEC83B4-9760-463C-AFF9-19DC03A39B91_zps

I want this! How much is the whole setup costing?

You're going to need to few bodywork mods to fit it in, a bulge here and there should do it.

looks awesome! great work!

that thing is going to be rapid! I had a supercharged MX5 prior to my westy and it was proper fast!... and that weighed 1000kg! 

I've always wondered why Westfield haven't pulled their finger out and enclosed the front suspension like that- it looks so much better - surely the law suit is long forgotten?

Who's going to be first to try to fit one of those diffusers or take a mould?

I've always wondered why Westfield haven't pulled their finger out and enclosed the front suspension like that- it looks so much better

they did in the mid 90's on the ZEi :)

http://www.zauber-tuning.de/tl_files/zauber/content/einblicke/westfield/Zauber-RS4_7.jpg

Oh, I don't remember that! It actually looks finished, why'd they stop?

Oh, I don't remember that! It actually looks finished, why'd they stop?

one of the Essex guys Ben Wall had one (not sure if he still has). The car was european small volume type approved and only ever sold as factory built. I would imagine the tub to nosecone interface could be tricky to get right when fitting and getting at the suspension bolts with the spanners would be a nightmare with everything fully enclosed.