So, today was AWESOME...C20XE build

B.RAD

It was in a slightly different spec Bernie when I ran it in the car last, so not directly comparable.

The RR's done a great job with that spec though!

Wow, with torque flat between 5-6.5k and power flat at the top, you can put your shift point anywhere you like! That must fly

• Like 2

Wow, with torque flat between 5-6.5k and power flat at the top, you can put your shift point anywhere you like! That must fly

Perhaps he'll need some sort of traction control now.

Don't worry Berrnie, I had a little run out as a passenger yesterday and that worked fine as traction control :rolleyes:

• Like 1

What did the car weigh in at Barney?

I can't imagine what 250bhp in a westie must be like  :o  :westy:

• Like 1

It was 556kgs with about 10 litres of fuel, my dodgy maths makes that 448bhp per ton...!

I can't imagine either, as i haven't got anywhere near the red line yet - the road isn't the place for this car really. I can't wait to get it on track though! What I can say is that it is blisteringly quick, Dave did a fantastic job with the engine and the whole experience behind the wheel is incredible. Now the suspension is properly set up too, it really is fantastic.

I'm completely over the moon!

Hi Barny, great stuff.  I've been watching with interest as I'm in early stages of rebuilding one of these 20XE jobbies.  Very impressed with your power delivery figures, what cams are you using please?

No probs. if you want to talk through the engine in more detail, you're probably best speaking to its builder, Mr Dave Eastwood :)