Calendar, January picture - where?

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Many of us take shots of lots of Westfields at events or on runs and sometimes, simply have no idea who's car we've shot. I've done it my self in the past, last time with a dozen or so shots submitted taken at Curborough. And other than a few obvious cars that I know, like Del's, Terry's, etc, I wouldn't have known who the others were.

Already checked.... all correct ... and never been changed from when i joined...

the last magazine was also very late in arriving - so i cant see that its the postman having problems,

A repeat indicates a problem in the database to me ..... i would appreciate you checking your end....

I've double-checked the mailing list for the past two issues and your correct name and address were on it, so the database is fine and the fault lies not with you or I, but in our postal service. :(

You can download the calendar from the Downloads tab at the top - I'm afraid all the extra copies are gone.  Honourable MemSec Mark should have extra copies of the mag and if you email him at membership@wscc.co.uk I'm sure he can send you another copy - tell him I sent you. :t-up:

The Winter issue, which includes the calendar, is the issue that ALWAYS goes missing the most often.  I wonder why that is?

/sarcasm at Royal Mail off

//I'm still awaiting two parcels that were posted early December

Graham, I've got an "unused" calendar you can have if you like.

It's something to consider for next year's calendar. I don't think it has to be screeds of information - even just the location after the owner's name ie

Robert Reid - Applecross Pass, Highlands

Many of us take shots of lots of Westfields at events or on runs and sometimes, simply have no idea who's car we've shot. I've done it my self in the past, last time with a dozen or so shots submitted taken at Curborough. And other than a few obvious cars that I know, like Del's, Terry's, etc, I wouldn't have known who the others were.

That's fine, publish it in the magazine, but it means that the photograph won't be eligible for the calendar (or any other competition) IMO.

I hope we get enough content to be so ruthless.

I can confirm that my calendar now has pride of place in the kitchen having replaced a rather pretty, but boring one from Gardeners World  :)

• Like 1

It's something to consider for next year's calendar. I don't think it has to be screeds of information - even just the location after the owner's name ie

Robert Reid - Applecross Pass, Highlands

Agreed and call the actual file the info then the Ed doesn't have to cross reference jpegs to info in emails ie

John Walters at Thoresby speed series 2014.jpg

James Alexander speed series at Blyton 2014.jpg

MarcusB car at Stoneleigh 2014.jpg

That has made my day. I stayed in Penmachno a few years ago and used to take that road as a back way to Ffestiniog. Now I know that I will spend the rest of this month enjoying the picture even more, brill.

Thanks WSCC and Andy Lowe.

Royal Mail lost mine so no idea what I'm missing!

My 'proper one' arrived about a week ago and then a second from the MemSec earlier this week.  Drop him a PM and ask him to include the calendar.

Unfortunately, from what Scott said, extra copies of the calendar are all gone now. Though you can download a copy. Extra copies of the magazine are still available. 

Julie did you ever get the sunset over Madog bay on the way to Ffestiniog