Car cover for transporting.

Ben30R

Hi guys,

Looking for a car cover that I can use while my car is on the trailer. Ideally would have several fasteners so it doesn't blow off etc.

Just wondered if anyone has any suggestions etc?

Ben

Don't do it!

A flapping cover only damages the paintwork

A tonneau cover works well to cover the cockpit

• Like 1

Good point will look into them can you get a full cover to cover passenger and driver side?

it can be done I have one . but it has to be perfect fit with good straps. I got mind off here secondhand  don't know who made it.

but like terry said a bad one will do more damage

A tonneau cover works well to cover the cockpit

Well it didn't work for me...............car had gold fish in it by the time I got it off the trailer and in the garage.............

I think Softbitsforsevens do a trailer cover which might do the trick

A tonneau can be used on trailer as well as in bad weather or when out on a run so is dual purpose and better value for money

A tonneau can be used on trailer as well as in bad weather or when out on a run so is dual purpose and better value for money

Am I correct in saying that you can't fit one with a rollcage? If so I'm back to square one.

Am I correct in saying that you can't fit one with a rollcage? If so I'm back to square one.

there's no reason why they wouldn't work with a cage.

For all the above reasons I use a tonneau on my car when towing.

They work with a cage 

I looked very hard at this but in the end emptied the bank and bought a covered tailer. I would buy one if I had an open trailer.

• 2 months later...

Did you manage to sort anything Ben? Now needing something for trailer'ing myself...

Yes, I could be interested in one of these too. Not sure whether to go for for the £137 or £165 one. Difficult to tell from the photos and descriptions which one would be best.

Sorry guys I haven't found a solution yet. Although I did speak to a chap with a mk indy with the cover above. who said it was good but first few times had to keep checking it as was "flapping around abit" but worked a treat.