CAMBS - Santa Pod RWYB - Sat 21st March - inc night run

Cleggy the Spyder Man

yes, it's two hours for me. If it's dry I'll come.

ok m8 :t-up:

come on chaps this should be a good laugh

I'm interested but will confirm nearer to the date.

Based on the info on the Santa pod website, presumably we will need arm straps?

I'm interested but will confirm nearer to the date.

Based on the info on the Santa pod website, presumably we will need arm straps?

Whats  the arm straps for

To keep yer armies in the cockpit.  I think that is only required for the high powered open cars.

Ta Bernie

Don't think i will need them anyway as i will be hanging on to the steering wheel quite tightly  :laugh:

I've just phoned Santa Pod and seems arm straps are now compulsory for all open cars.    Off now to find out if they are cheap and easily fixed in the car.

Try in Caterham circles - they've been compulsory in one or more of the Caterham series, (Grads?) for a few years or so now, and often come up second hand as  competitors move on.

Last time I went they didn't require anything fancy.  we just used a bit of thin rope that was also looped through the harness lap belt

Having a scan around and arm restraint are between £15 & £20 a pair and attach to either the lap strap or around the waist.   Whether a home fashioned restraint will suffice, I don't know.

ive got a few knots I can employ to keep the arms where they should be - i will fettle something - might even unleash the mighty cross flow for this one  :d

• Like 1

Haven't been for a few years but As David said nothing to fancy was required as long as it was functional for the purpose of restraining your arms they were happy

Couple of mates used rope but me being me knocked one up out of an old small ratchet strap

see picture below simply loops through the harness lap belt as David described.

98862B9E-93F7-4081-9647-39C41B0BEEBE.jpg

I sm sure Tony said he spotted a few of those in your bedroom when he did that building work for you - fifty shades of grey young David?

Ha ha you are treading on very thin ice Mr Howe!  Had you forgotten about the very interesting?? to say the least picture of you i could post  :d  :d

Look familiar >>>>>> :blush:<<<<<<<<