Your Westfield, then and now

TAFKARM

Mines the opposite to Quinten, in being this at June 

o6i6ag.jpg

This in October ........

qn0e8k.jpg

I'll have to scan photos of my other 2 westies and report back...............

• Like 3

OK, so I know it's not finished, but here's my journey...

I started with this (yes, it isn't a Westy, but the full Sierra donor is in the back of the car, so counts towards the build!)

MK-on-roof.jpg

then saw the light and went to this on 7th June 2014:

ready-to-start.jpg

and is now at this stage:

body-on.jpg

Here's an update on my post - since then, IVA'd, changed engine, changed front wishbones/uprights etc and about to change gearbox.

post-20376-0-49362900-1479079656_thumb.j

qn0e8k.jpg

Black on black looks awesome. If i were to start a fresh build, I'd be very tempted by that scheme. 

• Like 1

colinwestiea.jpg

17 inch wheels anyone ??? (and that Westfield manifold used to glow red hot - bit restrictive I thought  :rolleyes: ). Bought it less than a year after it was built - I think it was suffering from "builders fatigue" and needed quite a few things sorting out but work got in the way for quite a long time :(

2015 (I had used it since 2003 but not that often)

DSCF3248a.JPG

Started to really use it after retiring last year but engine went pop so mine had a hole in it as well (literally) :down:

DSCF3285a.JPG

Replacement engine back in and running well - used it more this year than anytime since 2003 - plan is to use it even more next year   (though having just put an HD clutch in, I'll need some physio on my left leg before then :rolleyes: )

May 2011

May%202011.jpg

November 13th 2016

P1070214%202.jpg

Plus underneath:

Protecs

Gel Battery

Ported head and fast cams

Coolex Rad

Playskool ARBs

Had to chip in on this one...........

March 2015

IMG_8736_zpsug2fknzr.jpg

and when it rolled out of the garage a year later

IMG_0472_zpsqombjnvl.jpg

December 2014...

riv5.jpg

October 2016:

can8.jpg

(Current pic to follow when I get chance!)

The eagle-eyed might notice it's not exactly the same car :laugh: But interesting that I've gone 'backwards' in terms of spec, yet the car is just as enjoyable :t-up:

• Like 1

In my garage!

I thought it was in mine.

Everyone else had made positive progress... mines gone the other way. It started like this

021ld_zpsrfzwk8l1.jpg

And now...

A9EB7E55-E12E-40A6-8977-C254E80E2E61_zps

And the sump appears to be full of

93AE489B-D519-436C-A20B-618022D1D364_zps

At least while it stil ran it had gone from 1.6 cvh to 2.0 zetec

• 6 years later...

Sorry for bumping such an old topic, but thought it was a great idea from the original post starter , and the thread seemed to end abruptly. I notice that there are still a few current members who posted back then, your cars must have changed since this thread was started?.

So in an attempt to get it going again, here is my own car down the years.

Car as purchased back in 2008.

1.thumb.JPG.85910e29d324a489bb99470f25d1e6c7.JPG

That same day, started to rip it to bits as I really was not happy with the build.

1a.thumb.JPG.6c260c8f86d7cc89fa35f82ff928de90.JPG

I had a mad idea to get back on the hillclimbs, so started to "change it" a bit. Looking back at this pic, it looks awful ... What was I thinking??.

2.thumb.JPG.2d48ec15b9c1ad2bd939605bc5e00ea2.JPG

Given at the time a lot of 7's copied the "Prisoner" look, I have never been one to follow fashion so ....

3.thumb.JPG.b3e68ccb73af961e6f9aed2dee410080.JPG

Around the time this thread started (2014) my car looked like this, thought I would get a proper aeroscreen and thought about black all over, so was getting used to black here.

4.thumb.jpg.baaf48f1f73e0c8c6211c5f82e6d843e.jpg

It was around this time I soon discovered that the cash I had planned to go hillclimbing with, in fact was actually spent on prepping the car in the first place, knowing that further cash was going to be hard to gain. I reverted back to a windscreen. Car went black all over with some side stripes ( as I heard they make your car go faster or something ....)

5.jpg

By 2016, I had made a hood and some doors ( Cat 7 screen frame so WF ones would not fit) .

62016.thumb.JPG.e8cb280cd4b6e3c1fc036a2d04ce8f31.JPG

And by 2022 it looked like this, it hasn't overly changed much externally since then other than some recent new tyres and wheels, with the gold bits deleted and swapped for an off white. Interior got a makeover last year and that's about it.

62022.thumb.JPG.487aeaf73bceffb438fffe94ccd379bd.JPG

So how about your car?.

• Like 1