Your Westfield, then and now

TAFKARM

Then (June 2013) - a mainly road-going crossflow powered, race chassis, live axle called Ol' Red

imagejpg1-2.jpg

Now - in transformation to The Red Beast

WP_002439.jpg

• Like 4

Must be the quality of workmanship! :d :d

;)

My Westfield this morning.

WSCCDec2014Meet015_zps0e84207c.jpg

My Westfield this afternoon

WSCCDec2014Meet016_zpsff373c17.jpg

Sorry, devilment got the better of me. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Then (June 2013) - a mainly road-going crossflow powered, race chassis, live axle called Ol' Redimagejpg1-2.jpg

Now - in transformation to The Red BeastWP_002439.jpg

And now:

WP_002711.jpg

WP_002708.jpg

WP_002703.jpg

Bookmarked for after winter ;)

Well, I suppose the winter is now past us...

As she was advertised

2013-07-20+08_19_11.jpg

Today

2015-03-27+16_49_56.jpg

One minute they are, the next they aren't... Can only blame myself as I'm hosting them myself :(

edit: found the problem... I think... please let me know if any images are missing, as it all seems to work fine on my local network (where I am hosting from)

• Like 1

I've not had my current Westie for very long but this is what it looked like when I picked it up early June 2014:

DSCN3535_zpsc51ab22c.jpg

...and this is how it looked by the end of June:

DSCN3559_zpsa3d448a9.jpg

It's being treated to a new set of Pro-race 1.2's/ R1R's and a hugely expensive complete engine rebuild at the moment, so another picture to follow later.

Matt

That brings a real lump to my throat!

Good to see the oil' girl has a good home - and with the windscreen back on, it looks much the same as when I had her.

I will dig out some photos of when I bought her from Terry Nightingale in 1998!! Very standard road car running a 1.6 cvh with 13 inch wheels and rock hard Michelin tyres. Same comfy seats though.

Seeing these photos makes me want her back!

P.

Paul - she's yours for £1,000,000...... ;) It would be good to see the original photos.

Since that pic, I've been busy. Full engine rebuild, including lightening & balancing, crank regrind, re-bore, new pistons, 280deg cams, new cylinder head (now stage 3) & followers, new oil & water pumps, new cam belt & pulleys, new low temp thermostat, powder coated cam cover, new alternator, wiring upgrades, gelcoat repairs, wider WF cycle wings, set of R1R's (nitrogen filled), lot of cleaning & polishing, relocated master switch and tidied up dash, new remote gear shift, Willwood front callipers, new headlights & uprated bulbs, full geo setup (diy) and a load of other bits and pieces that I've forgotten.

Still needs the carbs rebuilt and setup properly (never been correctly jetted and pops and bangs like mad starting from cold) and a few other jobs too.

Hopefully taxed from 1st April and down in Stoneleigh for the show in May - might see you there!

Matt

• 1 year later...

I'll start... 

July 2012

IMAG0730_zps1b3503f0.jpg

December 14

0ac3cf39-1bff-4f10-a61a-efc60c760d2a_zps

Yes I know it needs a wash...!

Time for a refresh

November '16

IMG_1029_zpsmwev5k6v.jpg

IMG_1027_zpsiriqa8re.jpg

Not much has changed, different headlights, one less seat and finally got rid of the stick on vinyl for some proper flared arches. Oh, and more cable ties. 

Garage block looks safer to park the car now anyway , Russ  :d

Time for a refresh

November '16

IMG_1029_zpsmwev5k6v.jpg

IMG_1027_zpsiriqa8re.jpg

Not much has changed, different headlights, one less seat and finally got rid of the stick on vinyl for some proper flared arches. Oh, and more cable ties. 

Oooh, I love updates ;)

Well, I suppose the winter is now past us...

As she was advertised (12/04/2014)

2013-07-20+08_19_11.jpg

Last year (23/03/2015)

2015-03-27+16_49_56.jpg

Today (13/11/2016)

2016-10-23+14_33_45.jpg

:yes: