picking up my first westy Sunday! :)

paul n

many thanks for the welcome guys ! much appreciated! 

Matt I will bring it round when I get it!

nick i'm the guy you gave a ride in your v8 at knockhill! that made me REALLY want one! ha ha ! 

here hoping for a warm and dry November!! :) 

cheers paul 

:ww: Paul

Thats a great spec car, very very similar to mine and a great the best engine  :t-up:  You'll notice a BIG difference from the Mazda so take it easy for a while, they do bite back  :oops: 

Oh and enjoy your new toy :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  

• Like 1

So you went middle of the road then! Great choice and should be ideal for KH. Enjoy it and see you soon.

Welcome to the Club, Paul! Hope to see you at the next gathering of Clan McWesty. We have a pretty good calendar of well attended events every year, considering the distances memebers have to travel. Our highlight is generally the annual long weekend currently going to Applecross peninsula (you can read about this year's trip in the latest edition of the Club mag :t-up:). The campsite is already taking bookings for next year - planned dates are Fri 19th to Sun 21st :)

Whilst things get a little bit quieter around this time of year, we normally meet up again around late Feb/early March to discuss blats for the year and start putting dates in the calendar. Look forward to meeting you!

Rab

Whilst things get a little bit quieter around this time of year, we normally meet up again around late Feb/early March to discuss blats for the year and start putting dates in the calendar. Look forward to meeting you!

Rab

What that means is Rab doesn't like getting his car wet/dirty, so we never see or hear from him between October and March!  :d

Matt

I've just picked up another so clan McWesty must be a fair size now!

When I first got my last one there were no others around up here and I know of 4 or 5 now :)

yeah will be up for a few runs with clan Mcwesty! maybe the apple cross weekend but that will depend on work (I work alot of weekends!)

i went out and bought a new waterproof jacket and gloves today as like Matt I will try and drive it on the good days of the winter! :) 

any recommendation on what type of helmet to get for road driving (with just the Aero screen) and track! just a normal motorbike helmet? 

Almost tempted to drive it home now rather than trailer it as it is a hassle to get the trailer and weather is looking ok!?

paul  

With respect to car covers, there are two important factors......

First of all it must not flap about, this damages the bodywork/finish.

Second, you need to keep good air flow under it, else moisture will build up and rot the car from the inside out.

Go for the best helmet you can afford! I have thought about rally style helmets but for knockhill I will always use full face. When you get hit by the first bee or stone you will be glad of it!

Buy a helmet suitable for racing if you are thinking of a couple of hillclimbs, this will save having to buy again. Try Playskool website as they seem to be good value.

Have fun and welcome aboard.

any recommendation on what type of helmet to get for road driving (with just the Aero screen) and track! just a normal motorbike helmet? 

As Nick says get the best you can afford i got this one https://www.hedtec.co.uk/products/rodia-hedtec-onyx-ii-carbon-hans-helmet/ really comfortable and a good fit. I tried a fair few on at local bike shops to get a feeling for size first before buying. 

• Like 1

The main thing is to try a variety on; it's amazing how much variation there is in fit, and some brands just won't fit the shape of you head right. Which means you could end up buying a larger size than you should do. Get it right though, and it will be nice and close fitting, but still comfortable after a days blatting/track-daying etc.

Well had the car for a week and braved a track day in it yesterday at knockhill ! Just love everything about it ! This what a sports car is ! Everything else is just a diluted version !! :)

So glad I got the car ! My 12 year old self would be pretty stoked! :)

Already have a list of upgrades to come including wider/gripped rubber, front anti roll bar and engine refreah (it isn't making the 197 horses is was when it was first done! )

Much fun to come ! :)

• Like 1