• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

westfield

SteveD

Competition ............ thats what it's all about ........... rise to the challenge  :devil:  :D  ;)  Thank God for Class A  :cool:  :D  ;)  :)  Novice or Expert option ...... delete as required  :devil:  :D  ;)

We gotta try it  :D  ;)  :devil:  :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SteveD

• Mark Stanton

• windy

• mhc

Top Posters In This Topic

MSA blue book ,refers to production car engines in numbers of 5000 or more in one year for road going classes.which rules out the Millington.  Just maybe, the speed series commitee will disregard the Blue Book, like they did last year .Please , tell me why we cannot  abide with the MSA regs. Ray Stanton  , this is one for you to sort out.

and in the red corner  :D  ;)  ;)

TOM WHITAKER ;)

You lot been eating funny mushrooms or WHAT :arse:  :sheep:  :zzz:  :0  :D  :p  :love:  :cool:  ;)  :0  :arse:

If at all serious (I doubt it :sheep: ) look on Terrynightingales site.

Andy  ???  :zzz:  :xmas:

In which case Mr mhc - if you would like to put the pen to paper and submit a proper and formal objection, please do so, its no problem.  ;)  :)

Noting stuff here is not a formal request and just gets everyone and yourself frustrated cos nothing can officially be done - however a written submission in the proper and correct manner can be addressed  ;)  :D

First you will need to determine what class Mr Millington has registered in compare to SS regs etc. The WSCCC SS can then look into for you.  ;)  :D

How would this affect other championships that you and Mr Millington have entered ??? Would similar letters be issued to all other relevant championships if you consider the car was in the wrong class  ;)

errrrrrrm can someone lend me a blue book  :) i feel the need to look at it  ;)  :durr:

at this stage there is no need for a formal protest, I am just seeking clarification regarding road going classes and how close the Speed Series Committee are following MSA regs. This is for my benefit as much as Tom Whittikers, bearing in mind that i once put a thread on this boardroom re Judd V8, sequential gearbox, push rod suspension and flexures and was told that none of these were allowed in the Speed Series road going classes. Have times now changed? May I now push the boat out?

Push rod suspension would alter the shock pick up points. No grey area there......

Judd V8 not a 5000 unit a year production engine (just like a Milli), as far as I can see. Definitely B&W, as far as I can see.....

Sequential 'box.....not going there......except I doubt you could mate a type 9 based Quaife sequential 'box to a Judd........and if you could, I doubt you'd get it off the line in the correct fashion.........  ;)

Flexures.......do you mean torsion bars? Not sure about those......where's me Blue Book...........although suspension pick up points would probably be different from standard......

although suspension pick up points would probably be different from standard......

Will there be many left in my class ?

Better get another set of wheels and ready to unbolt the windscreen. Still won't be modifing the pickup points though. Not that its not worth it but have you seem me with a tape measure and a mig welder. Anyway where do you move them to ?

oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  mason leave your pick up points alone

you would not want to be put in f would you  :angry:  ;)  ;) but you can powder coat your standard wishones and refit those if you like  :D

all the mods are possible , if you disregard the MSA regs

Who's disregarding MSA regs? A Judd V8 engined, sequential 'boxed Westfield would be in the non road going class of the SS, and would be classified as a Supersport car by the MSA, assuming I've interpreted the regs (page 178, section 13 of the blue book) correctly. 4 speed 'box looks like being the limiting factor.........

I was wrong with

Push rod suspension would alter the shock pick up points. No grey area there......
:0

Section 11.7.5 says suspension pick up points may be altered, "providing the suspension system is maintained as being of the original type"........You could interpret that to mean that inboard shocks/pushrod suspension *may* be legal, but torsion bars would not be. Save them for the Judd engined car, 'cos there are no suspension rules for that.......

As Mark said elsewhere, until we know what class the car in question is entered in, this is just speculation. If it appears at an event in the "wrong" class, then all you have to do is object, and request that it is re-classified. It may be that the competitor in question is fully aware of the rules, and has entered in the correct class. Do you KNOW what class this car is in? Has the entry been accepted?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.