F1 - Monza

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

The tinfoil hats are definitely out on this thread!

OK, we are talking full on John Malkovich in the film RED (ace film BTW). He was a full on tin foil hatted paranoid nut job, but that didn't make him wrong..!

If it wasn't a set up how come Rosberg threw the towel in when he had second? Perfect result for MB to get a safe one / two and Lewis gets his win.

It was obviously a set up. Driving through the chicane was just Rosberg's way of avoiding being seen to be "beaten" on track. Payback time! (well, a little anyway).

If I were Lewis ( :rolleyes: ) I'd be heading over to Woking and a chat with Ron on the basis that it ain't goin to get any better for the rest of the season (and probably worse), so it's the world championship s**t or bust but knowing you've got a seat at McLaren/Honda for next year.  

To be honest I've doubted Lewis's judgement ever since he ditched that Pussycat Doll GF of his.

A sure sign his wheel nuts are loose...

Who would want McLaren seat over a Mercedes?! Nobody in their right mind. An engine likely to be a year behind the Merc particularly if there's no engine development freeze and a poor starting point with the 2014 car. Unless Honda have something very special like a dyno showing 1000bhp then he will stay exactly where he is. Particularly if he doesn't beat Rosberg.

To be honest I've doubted Lewis's judgement ever since he ditched that Pussycat Doll GF of his.

A sure sign his wheel nuts are loose...

Back together for ages. Not sure if she had been at a GP so far though.

Back together for ages. Not sure if she had been at a GP so far though.

Good man, perhaps he is human after all and not a Google Drive by Wire unit as I feared LOL...

I doubt it was a fix, but if you were Rosberg and wanted to undermine Lewis after he beat you and get some sympathy, acting like you did it under secret team punishment orders would be a pretty good ploy.

/pass the tinfoil

I've reckoned for a while now that Lewis will be back at McLaren next year. His boyhood hero, Ayrton Senna, drove a McLaren Honda and I'm sure Lewis would like to do the same and repeat history. Watch this space!

Ahh, nostalgia! It's good, but not what it used to be.

• Like 1

When the suggestion was put to Toto Wolfe that Rosburgs "mistakes" were part of the disciplinary  dished out by mercs, he said that Eddie J was paranoid.  Made me smile.

BTW They aint friends anymore  :blush:

The Wolf could JUST hold back the smile when Nico went straight on............................I smell a rat ......Looking at NR on the podium I suspect it was all contrived as pay back.............its a RACE for heavens sake as if it doesn't happen in other formulas etc !!! 

At least there weren't any toys or dummies lying on the track :cool:  

I'm not convinced (either way) as it first happened when there was a Williams behind and Mercedes wouldn't want to risk giving another 1-2 away. I don't know if Rosberg ever locked up AND made an effort to get round the chicane.

Kvyat did it with much more style though.