F1 - Monza

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

So Hammy is on Pole with Nico next to him. Any bets on what's going to happen on the first couple of laps.

My money is on Nico being very careful, unless the door is wide open for a pass.  :d  :d  :d

Would love to see a Williams pip them both. :t-up:

So would I Andrew, that would be a cracking result and might make the mercedes team think a bit 

Shows what you lot know! :-)

I didn't get my wish, but enjoyed the race all the same. Some good driving from the lesser players.. Riciardo, Bottas.. superb! :t-up:

Beginning to think this is all a farce.

Rosberg cocking up whilst not under pressure in the same spot  ???

Nor a bad recovery by Bottas after his initial balls up

And of course a good drive by lewis  :t-up:

Some great battles going on lower down in the field. Great race, really enjoyed it. Maybe Nico couldn't cope with pressure, only time will tell.

A good race and some excellent battles down the line, but I can't help but be slightly quizzical over Roseberg's "escape lane" antics - were they genuine mistakes under pressure or were they his "team penalty" for what he did at Spa?

Or maybe he just can't face the humiliation of Hamilton actually overtaking him on the track!

It will be interesting to see how this duel is going to pan out for the remainder of the season :cry::p

• Like 1

When the suggestion was put to Toto Wolfe that Rosburgs "mistakes" were part of the disciplinary  dished out by mercs, he said that Eddie J was paranoid.  Made me smile.

BTW They aint friends anymore  :blush:

... over Roseberg's "escape lane" antics - were they genuine mistakes under pressure or were they his "team penalty" for what he did at Spa

Now that is an EXCELLENT conspiracy theory and one that I never thought of but can buy into...

Tinfoil hats at the ready..!

Now that is an EXCELLENT conspiracy theory and one that I never thought of but can buy into...

Tinfoil hats at the ready..!

it was the first thing that sprung to my mind... But it was great to see Massa on the podium after the run of bad luck he's been having

There may be something in this theory, did you see Rosbergs body language when he got out of his car and on the podium?

Also in the waiting area he had a chat in Italian with Massa to exclude Lewis....hmmmmm ;)

Agreed on Massa...

BTW, I was surprised at how much lock those F1 cars had when dodging round those polystyrene blocks.

Somebody should have monstered them 'Sweeney Style'