Yorkshire Coast to Coast (East) Sunday 7 September

Rory's Dad

So here we go for the second half of our Coast to Coast on Sunday.  Our route will be as follows:

10:00      Fox and Grapes A64 via York bypass and unclassified road via Castle Howard, Slingsby and Welburn

11:00      Thirsk A170 to just beyond Kirkbymoorside

11:45      Just beyond Kirkbymoorside via unclassified roads to Castleton - BEWARE sheep over Blakey Ridge

12:15      Castleton via unclassified roads to Egton Bridge, Sleights A169/A171 to Whitby  for F&C lunch

2:00        Whitby A174 to Sandsend

2:15        Sandsend A174/B1266/A171/A173 to Guisborogh/Stokesley (Fill up)

3:00        Stokesley B1257 to Helmsley

3:45        Arrive Helmsley for a cup of tea

4:15        Helmsley A170/A19/A168/A1/A59 to Harrogate

5:45        Arrive Harrogate and continue homewards

Please note - I will be keeping to the speed limits and enjoying the sunshine and countryside.  Hope you can join us!

iv just been over blakey ridge today - BEWARE THE SHEEP ARE ALL OVER.

theres also if you dont know a wonderful pub on the road called the Lion Inn - does food all day long, has an outside garden if the weathers nice and is just a nice place to be. went there today for meal - am now stuffed!!!!!!!!

also if you happen to miss fuel at stokeley, the next filling station is in kirbymoorside.. on the main road.. so about 2-3 miles off the route

i hope to be there sunday, ill meet you at the fox n grapes - is there fuel near there? - im coming south from teesside down A1

iv just been over blakey ridge today - BEWARE THE SHEEP ARE ALL OVER.

theres also if you dont know a wonderful pub on the road called the Lion Inn - does food all day long, has an outside garden if the weathers nice and is just a nice place to be. went there today for meal - am now stuffed!!!!!!!!

also if you happen to miss fuel at stokeley, the next filling station is in kirbymoorside.. on the main road.. so about 2-3 miles off the route

i hope to be there sunday, ill meet you at the fox n grapes - is there fuel near there? - im coming south from teesside down A1

Nearest fuel that I know of is about 4 miles past pub, follow A64 to Leeds past pub to roundabout go straight across and Tesco's is right in front of you.

I've had one or two messages - try and get them in today please.

What am I doing tomorrow - oh yes I remember - C2C west!!

weather is looking mighty fine for today - come on guys lets make today a big club day....

Weather looking excellent have fun..helicopter lesson booked today or might have joined you :-)

Have a good and safe one today guys :t-up:

Setting off for the fox and grapes after I've finished my bacon sarnie.

Would have liked to do this leg as well.

But today

Were off walking in Penine moors. :)

Me too, but we are going to watch a pair of Lancaster bombers over the Penine moors :d

Thanks for today Martin and all who attended, 11 Westfields and a Lotus Elise. Great weather and some fine strips of tarmac, plus the fact we may have a new recruit joining to ranks soon a chap with a 6.8 litre supercharged Ultima, says he wants some fun in a Westie!!!!

Good day out today, 262 miles on my over reading speedo door to door.

12 cars and we didn't loose anyone, did we?