Dropped stitch in life's tapestry

WINGNUT

Hi all

Not been on for a while due to shall we say personal issues!

Basically I'm possibly looking at selling my boyhood dream after only two years of ownership! The basic story is me and the wife have split the house is sold and the divorce through in 8 weeks time! So my question is what kind of money is the car worth?

It's a 2004 SEiW 2.0 zetec running twin 40s with an MT75 box and LSD

She's really well built and drives great! I know without pics it maybe hard to say but I anyone can give a ball park figure I'll know if it's worth doing! The sale needs to aid partial deposit towards new home and also purchase of a tin top as the ex has our only one!

Any advice welcome or alternative options more than! This really is a last resort but is looking more likely

Cheers all

Sad to here of your split with the SWMBO, always a depressing time.      Have a look at other Westfields for sale that are similar to yours, should give you an idea of the value. Trouble is, if you sell that as well you'll be hit with a double Whammy.

Good luck in the future.

Sorry to hear this

There's more for sale currently so not good time to get best price.

It also appears to me that recently some excellent cars purchased for peanuts but some quite awful ones rediculous money.

• Like 1

I reckon its worth ooh £1500 so you're probably/def better off keeping it...well that's what I'd say..!!

Obviously I don't know you etc but MY personal experience is I found if you sell something you really like that is a luxury such as a Westfield you don't tend to get it back for a long long time! So if at all possible keep it, there'll be enough changes as it is, keep something for you!

And a true value in my opinion.. £8kish as it's on Webers, a few around on throttle bodies for £9kish at mo.

Good Luck!

Awe, damn. So sorry to hear this.

Still, if sell, you must, then it's true, there are lots of cars around at the moment and a whole range of specs.

But one thing almost always holds true; the better the ad, the better the sale. Have a look back for Glen Hardman's advert - it's one of the best, clear, good detail, and good photos. It grabs your interest. Don't just li it yourself to one channel to sell through either. 

sorry to hear your news......

you can loose the car, but you cant loose us....

Sorry to hear this buddy

In my experience, finding a way to keep the westie (mine was part built) was the best decision I made. Helped me through a tough time

I'd go with ^^, Westfield is a distraction and sometimes that's a good thing............

I'm really sorry to hear this scott.

I go along with the others, If there's half a chance of keeping the Westfield do so.

If not stick it up for between £8,500 and 10K, and hold out for the best price.

Good luck for the future, and remember your not divorcing us, we are here for you.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this buddy

In my experience, finding a way to keep the westie (mine was part built) was the best decision I made. Helped me through a tough time

I'd go with ^^, Westfield is a distraction and sometimes that's a good thing............

I say go with what these guys said...

Three numbers..! Hang on, with that sort of cash I'm starting to find you attractive...

Three numbers..! Hang on, with that sort of cash I'm starting to find you attractive...

Lol!

If the "k" in your name is a cup size the feelings mutual! Lmao

• Like 1

I'm with peet on price £8k plus dependent on condition £7500 would be giving it away and £10k plus your doing very well indeed

But buy a cheap tin top and the rest on your mortgage paid over 25 years and keep it if at all possible

Good luck keep looking forwards

At this time of year with a 2004 with the less desirable MT75 box I think you will do well to get £7500 to be honest especially when you see what some top spec cars have sold for. (No offence meant)

I would say this, believe your parents it is no burden to them you are their son so for the difference it will make over the next few years why let it happen. Keep the car and enjoy life in a few months time life will change for the better when all the crap has been dealt with.

I hope you find happiness again, but make sure she likes Westfields.