Peoples reaction to the Westie is a real tonic...

John K

But naturally, I wouldn't encourage such behaviour.

I would. :d

But I absolve myself of all responsibility for any consequences. :t-up:

This is one of the best threads I've read for a while :)

When I'm out in the Westie the car gets ignored but it's Paddy dog that gets all the attention ;)

6CDD4B0A-4F80-4076-B7FE-487CB0BF6CBB_zps

Noting the Morris Minor experience, modern cars have steering locks so experiment on straight bits of road  first :d :d :d :d

Whilst on a tour of Normandy last year, we visited the Musee D'Embarquement at Arromanche and parked up in the car park. Not long after we arrived a coach party of Americans turned up to visit the museum and promptly made a beeline for our cars. We spent about 20 minutes chatting to them before the went on with their visit.

Love this thread, what a great read. Makes me wish I was back on the road already! I used to love getting a nod from a biker going the other way, reminded me what a special car I was in. No negative experiences yet, had a great moment when a group of local lads saw me coming down the road, only to start running after me and beg for the 'respect' fist bump at the lights! I was a bit lost for a moment until I realised what they meant, made me feel well out of touch!

My neighbours are all great, there's a footpath and bridleway that starts outside our house so all the locals walk past my drive, the most unexpected people stop for a chat and tell me all about the cars they've had/worked on/built. If it weren't for the Westie I wouldn't know half as many of my neighbours as I do!

And reading Dave E's post is fuelling my fire for getting that beauty of an engine fitted in mine!

andy - where do you get the doggles?

You can get the doggies at doggles.uk.com

Love this thread.

Reminds me of a day at Knockhill, just off the track and a young, very cool dude couple came up to me and the boyfriend said. "You have no idea how much we love that car. If we can ever be as successful as you to be able to get one we will know we have made it" I didn't have the decency to tell him what I (originally) paid for it!

Also love the cameras that come out the passenger windows and the people at lights who wave their hand in a throttle pedal like fashion... with a big V8 it would be rude not to oblige!

Or, switch the ignition off then on again with the throttle open, bear in mind the cost of replacement silencer (Westfield 6in with CAT £800.) it can be an expensive trick!!!!

Hahaha VERY true ......I remember a mate of mine doing that on a Triumph Stag and the whole exhaust fell off and it was the rest of  us rolling about laughing 

Hahaha VERY true ......I remember a mate of mine doing that on a Triumph Stag and the whole exhaust fell off and it was the rest of  us rolling about laughing 

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

Brilliant thread.

I once made a wrong turn in Bradford and ended up with a whole crowd of Asian kids running alongside shouting 'sick car! Sick car!'.

Was great till I found the road was a dead end and had to do a ten point turn and return leg with an ever increasing crowd appearing!

A lot of this post is probably wishful thinking but...

I do seem to get a lot of nods from ladies of my particular vintage (BTW when I said I, I did mean the Westie) almost as if they are thinking "I wish my other half was interested in those instead of being a golfer"

Perhaps pottering around in a Westie makes us look interesting and it is quite hard to see our bellies when sat down...

OK not exactly a Rock God, but certainly a tad more exciting than a golf playing accountant with a Mercedes (apologies in advance to any golf playing accountants or Mercedes owners on the forum..!)

With a Westfield cap and wrap around sunglasses no one quite knows your age, my brother in law took his daughter to school one day on his motorbike, when they arrived she told not to take his helmet off !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Reaction to Westfield today, fool in a Renault Clio, so busy trying to make sure I couldn't overtake him, that he held 45mph into a 30 zone and straight into a speed trap :p

I'm not sure if that's positive or negative, but it made me laugh so hard that I don't care :)

• Like 2

Reaction to Westfield today, fool in a Renault Clio, so busy trying to make sure I couldn't overtake him, that he held 45mph into a 30 zone and straight into a speed trap :p

I'm not sure if that's positive or negative, but it made me laugh so hard that I don't care :)

Proper result..!