Number Plate Dilema

CraigHew

Where are people getting these 75% number plates from? Sounds like a good option

Got mine from demon graphics nr Manchester. They do web, phone or at their premises.

75% ?? Depends on your reg number. But they do - smallest legal size letters/numbers, smallest legal gap between them and trimmed to smallest legal surround. Which is a lot smaller than standard plate sizes.

• Like 2

SImply showplates.com (simplyplates.com) do a lot of sizes as do others on the web. Shop around... 

My plate was 75% in size but used legal character size and spacing and legal 3D font.  

There are a wide variety available depending upon your attitude to risk.

[pedant hat] of course as you've spaced the 20 away from the initial character and not stuck to the rules of '11mm gap' then it's still illegal [/pedant hat] but the whole number plate issue is interesting. So many people run dodgy plates. Personally, I'd remember a plate that was different, the differences make it more remarkable, to the point that I can still remember seeing a bright yellow Mercedes wearing 'B122 ARE' with a font and spacing that made it read 'BIZZARE'. That was over 20 years ago!

My own Wesfield front plate is a stick on, and I hate it. I'll be investigating my options shortly.

Wagoneer you are correct, I did put a space between the S and the 20 (what a rebel eh?).  It just looks so neater and more in keeping with the size of the nosecone, than the previous plate.

Anyway after buying a full-sized, 75% size, silly small and 2 versions of a stick-on, I'd best not tell the boss how much it cost me to reach a happy numberplate conclusion.  Clearly if I could've stretched to less characters (CH1 for eg) the plate would have been even better. :)

Mark

You wouldn't have your plates on for IVA as it won't be registered yet. I had my plates available as I needed to have a number for the insurance company during the build but didn't fit them as that's a bit presumptuous I think.

Tried to use Marks quote but failed miserably its a few above this must try harder.

Bob

[pedant hat] of course as you've spaced the 20 away from the initial character and not stuck to the rules of '11mm gap' then it's still illegal [/pedant hat] but the whole number plate issue is interesting. So many people run dodgy plates. Personally, I'd remember a plate that was different, the differences make it more remarkable, to the point that I can still remember seeing a bright yellow Mercedes wearing 'B122 ARE' with a font and spacing that made it read 'BIZZARE'. That was over 20 years ago!

My own Wesfield front plate is a stick on, and I hate it. I'll be investigating my options shortly.

On a school trip to France which timed up with LeMon I saw A5 TON at dover loading onto the same ferry, as well as Noble M12. That was 2004 when I was only just 17 and I still recall it clear as day.

Daniel