Scottish (Clan McWesty) Run 13th July

Rab (bombero) Reid

Pictures anyone?

Here's some pics:

A8C4E280-B46C-4BCF-A0A2-5AD3A02AF33C_zps

Lined up at Halbeath awaiting the arrival of some Fife se7eners to join us.

71F17302-1D50-4870-81B3-B04310A93F26_zps

View from the cafe.

8A531EB2-1D29-4529-A50A-2FB9D4AF13B1_zps

Another view from the cafe. Hornet600 speaking to his Mammy, telling her that he'll no be home for tea cos it's so nice out, he's going to stay out and play longer!

43D4370B-ADDD-4F8C-A2BF-AECF7A16818C_zps

So, here's the rain soaked Scotland that the Met Office figured for today .. .. not! Comfort stop at the Sma' Glen.

• Like 1

I spoke with Murraymint around 2pm .. he knew we weren't going to make it as we were running behind.

Oh Oh does that mean the plan didn't  go as planned !!!

Those roads looked very wet Rab!!.............the weatherman strikes again......

• Like 1

Oh Oh does that mean the plan didn't go as planned !!!

Nothing serious, just took our time getting up there and had a few more stops than planned; it was such a lovely day. Top of Glenshee was stunning. Route home through Crief, Pitlochry, Sma' Glen with some fabulous 'spirited' sections!!

• Like 1

Glad to hear you guys had a great day weather certainly looked good...... 

Oh Oh does that mean the plan didn't  go as planned !!!

Those roads looked very wet Rab!!.............the weatherman strikes again......

I just had to eat all the bacon rolls that the ball and chain made…. :d

• Like 1

Glad to hear you guys had a great day weather certainly looked good...... 

We will just have to get together and travel south of Stonehaven and see the lads...

• Like 1

We will just have to get together and travel south of Stonehaven and see the lads...

We'll need to get ourselves a little better organised at this end as we kinda let time get away from us.

• Like 1

When you think about it... Left the house at 9:30 and got back in the door at 18:20. So a pretty long day really. I personally enjoy the stops as well as the drives. That was some crowd we gathered in Pitlochry. The cars seemed to be a great attraction to folks.

• Like 1

When you think about it... Left the house at 9:30 and got back in the door at 18:20. So a pretty long day really. I personally enjoy the stops as well as the drives. That was some cried we gathered in Pitlochry. The cars seemed to be a great attraction to folks.

You're right, John. It's a long day as I personally had to drive up from Haddington, although well worth it. Adding on a slightly longer leg would've been a struggle. It's maybe worth us thinking of meeting the NE Scotland boys around Braemar for a run in that area. The roads are great and we'll certainly be going back up that way! What do y'all think?

I personally enjoy the stops too! A wee spirited run then a stop for a blether about it...cannae beat it! :-)

• Like 1

Ps Rab. I' m telling my mammy you were slagging me for phoning her! (Won't let my type sla.g.ging )

• Like 1