Skipton - Wednesday 25 June with Lancs and Mancs

Rory's Dad

Where would Yorkshire be without Lancashire? :rolleyes:

Last night 3 Mancunians and 8 Lancastrians made the trip to Skipton :d

And found an empty car park ???

Fortunately Martin made the effort and turned up last :blush:

110 mile round trip for me, I thought being in a car club was about getting out and driving somewhere :p

pics to follow.

Yup - late (fell asleep watching Wimbledon) and forgetful (left feather flag behind).

I've no idea what to do about lack of Yorkies  :(

Same old 50+ miles of crappy roads to get there for me, so can't be bother with the traffic tonight.

That'll be the M1 then.

Forgiven  :laugh:

Sorry Martin, I was on a charge up the m1 from working in London but I didn't make it home till half eight so a bit too late to come. Still not got car on road though ....

Hi guys,

I set off twice but a sticking brake piston spoiled the trip and I returned back to base.

Maybe next time.

Michael

It's not the M1 Martin, it's nearly 75 miles each way if I go up M1/A1, it's only 49 miles if I go cross country but it takes 2 hours because of traffic, just not worth it for a couple of hours, plus the fact I've done the trip 4 times in the last six weeks. Trouble is if I go to Derby's that 50 miles of M1 too, and it's rather boring, need something nearer, May have to start a break away unofficial meet with some tasty roads to and from?

May have to start a break away unofficial meet with some tasty roads to and from?

Go for it  :yes:

Sorry Martin/Mancs/Lancs guys my excuses are aged 7 and 10 sometimes tricky on school nights  ;)

Good meet got wet coming into Yorkshire and got wet going back out of Yorkshire.... dry when we reached Lancashire  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  enjoy that A59 run  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Steve

Sheffield to Sunny Manchester, about 35ish miles over the Snake or Woodhead sounds like fun to me :d

Sheffield to Sunny Manchester, about 35ish miles over the Snake or Woodhead sounds like fun to me :d

Which meet do you mean Paul, Knutsford is 56 miles from me and Inglewhite even further. Is there anything any nearer, it's not the distance it's the traffic that ruins it for me. Guess it's my own stupid fault for living where I do.

The Manchester area meet Tricky, it's held in Oldham, so it's either the Snake or Woodhead then a short blast from Glossop on the M67/M60 :t-up:

• Like 1

Cool Paul, makes sense, Fox and Grapes Yorks meet is ok, but the Skipton Dales meets, (unless it's weekends) are just no man's land from my neck of the woods.