Castle Combe Retro & Classic Action Day 28 Jun 2014

Mooch

What Ho!

The guys at the Cotswold Area Group have advised that Castle Combe are running this event in just over a weeks time and I've agreed to co-ordinate if we can get a few of us together.  Although it is short notice I'm looking to gauge interest, especially after the cancellation of Kit Car Fest at the circuit so please let me know if you are up for it.  Details of the event are here:

https://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/action_display_event.asp?BookingEventID=629

We can get paddock passes for up to 10 cars for free, and get our own little corner of a Wiltshire Racing circuit - the paddock is pretty full but they can give us a space.  Track sessions of 15mins can be booked in advance (cheaper) or on the day subject to availability.  Track day rules apply and 100db noise limit in force (looks like 105db for BECs)

If you are interested, please post or PM me ASAP.

Mike

The disclaimer:

To avoid any potential misunderstandings, the Committee would like to remind everyone that although this event is being shown on the WSCC Forums, it is not organised by the WSCC and is not an official WSCC Track Day event, and as such, it is not covered by the WSCC's insurance - so it's up to each individual attending the event to ensure that they are adequately covered

Hmmm i can't make it until later in the day (about lunch time). If there's a spare ticket a few days before let me know though.

Hmmm i can't make it until later in the day (about lunch time). If there's a spare ticket a few days before let me know though.

We will have space for up to 10 cars, Matt, so I can get a pass for you and hold it till you get there if you like.

Please count me in :)

Good man!  You're on the list.

Crisis Wolf will be joining us, too  :t-up:

Many thanks Mike for taking the initiative on this day -- I will be there as will Chris Varey and I'm sure our circular to all Cotswold members will bring in more regulars.

See you on the day

ANDREW

COTSWOLD AO

I am in. Someone let me know arrival times/passes/nearby convoy meet point etc when we get closer. In the meantime I have some cleaning to do.

I am in. Someone let me know arrival times/passes/nearby convoy meet point etc when we get closer. In the meantime I have some cleaning to do.

Will do.  Passes are free, although track time must be paid for.  Advance booking is recommended as I can't guarantee slots on the day.  I'll let Paulm3 know as well.

Cheers mooch, I've booked some track times in advance :)

9:45am & 12:45pm

They were £30 in advance, or £35 on day for what is left. .

I also have a new pop up gazebo i can bring if needed. See you guys there, unless there is anyone coming from tewkesbury/Cheltenham way?

ETA- noise limit is 100db @ 1/2 metre

Just seen Andrews Cotwold dit for this event wrh link to the Castle Combe event.

Am I blind or are we not on this Owners club Atendee list? (https://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/documents/classiclist%272014%20%28web%20version%29%203.pdf)

As a side, J18 M4 Exit heading South, there is a long layby just there where people could meet for a mini 15min convoy?

Just seen Andrews Cotwold dit for this event wrh link to the Castle Combe event.

Am I blind or are we not on this Owners club Atendee list? (https://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/documents/classiclist%272014%20%28web%20version%29%203.pdf)

As a side, J18 M4 Exit heading South, there is a long layby just there where people could meet for a mini 15min convoy?

We've only just applied - quite late to the party, so won't be on this list.  I'll sort a meeting point nearer the time.  Probably M4 J17ish.

Cheers mooch, I've booked some track times in advance :)

9:45am & 12:45pm

They were £30 in advance, or £35 on day for what is left. .

I also have a new pop up gazebo i can bring if needed. See you guys there, unless there is anyone coming from tewkesbury/Cheltenham way?

ETA- noise limit is 100db @ 1/2 metre

Good stuff.  Gazebo would be most useful - please bring along!

So far, we have:

Andrew Reeves

Chris Varey

Mooch

CrisisWolf

Paulm3

Tony Rogers

and I have a provisional 2 passes for:

M44444444444444TTTB

JonClancy

We have 10 free passes (any more than that costs £12 each), so 2 left if anyone is up for it.  Passes are being sent to me at home, so I'll bring on the day.

Mike