Le Mans 2014

Sparkymart

Might wangle a trip if the camper is servicable..... can someone please post the full date??

Cheers 

Nem................

The race starts Saturday 14th 3pm but I reckon you'll be hard pressed to get a pitch now unless you just Park up somewhere outside the circuit

I'm heading down as usual with Buzz, Bananaman, Dave Bellfield and Muttley

Stating of site in a more refined camping establishment as were getting a bit old now, especially Buzz

• 2 weeks later...

How did everyone enjoy there trip to Le Man? Dave did you enjoy your first one, it was good to bump into Julian and have a chat

Well it's all over now till next year

Better start planning lol

• Like 1

Really jealous watched the race on eurosport and it was a cracker.

Not so keen on the fin down the middle of the cars makes them look less sleak.

Hope you all had a great time

I had a cracking week at Le Mans :t-up: I bumped into Del and Gary at the classic pit and also spotted a couple of Westfield's whilst over there which included a nice looking Belgium registered sport carbon :cool: which was in the carpark under Place de la République and a UK car outside the circuit bearing the names of it's driver and passenger; Dopey and Doc :oops:

I’ve finally found 5mins (and been awake long enough!) to post up a brief write-up of my first time to Le Mans. All I can say is ‘what a fantastic experience!’. It exceeded all my expectations.

We had a great drive down in the sunshine. It was great to chat to so many enthusiastic car owners at the various stops we made. And we had lots of people taking photos and videos of us in the car … the Westfield got a lot of attention throughout the whole weekend!

Houx campsite was great. Close to the action, clean showers/loos and lots of noise from the nearby Dutch dance tent!

We arrived on Thursday afternoon, so managed to watch the night practice/ quali. It was then that I realised how loud the cars are, and that I needed to take earplugs with me. My favourite cars of the weekend were the yellow Corvettes – the noise was unbelievable; you could feel the rumble!

The race was (according to regulars) a modern classic – with the lead changing throughout, in all categories, with some really close racing. We watched the whole thing apart from a quick nap stint from 1am til 4am. It was good to watch the sun come up over the Dunlop Bridge, with the cars continuing to thunder beneath.

After the race, we had an equally great drive back, with lots of people waiting and waving from bridges! I finally got home at 1:30am on Sunday night/ Monday morning – and have slept very well since then :d

All-in-all, a weekend I’ll not forget (for all the right reasons) and will definitely do again.

20140612_211302_zpsya3o0sii.jpg

20140613_124906_zpsye2kocps.jpg

20140614_162449_zpsv8evratw.jpg

20140615_061636_RichtoneHDR_zpstdbi7dgj.

• Like 1

I was at the Dunlop bridge about 5am probably just missed you

Little vid from the Mulsanne

• Like 1

Dave glad you enjoyed it we was with the piston heads lot and it was really tame compared to houx where we normally stay got told to turn our music of buy the young lads next to us at midnight... What's that all about its Le man's but apart from that we had a good weekend

Barry, if you saw a bloke shivering in his shorts, waiting for it to get warm again, then that was me!

Sparkymart, the main issue we had with noise was the people next door. On the first night they left their genny on all night at the back of their pitch, which happened to be about 4ft from our heads.  The genny was powering their beer fridge, and nothing else!  We had a quiet word with them next morning, though, and they turned it off over night after that.

Was my third time down this year and was the best one yet. Was really hoping Toyota would win this year. I took the tin top but my target is to get my Westfield built ready for next years race!  :t-up:

Did anyone else to the Nismo race school thing where they tested your reactions, focus and body composition to see how you would rank as one of their drivers? I got 58% so have a bit more work to do to get up to scratch.

Barry, if you saw a bloke shivering in his shorts, waiting for it to get warm again, then that was me!

Sparkymart, the main issue we had with noise was the people next door. On the first night they left their genny on all night at the back of their pitch, which happened to be about 4ft from our heads. The genny was powering their beer fridge, and nothing else! We had a quiet word with them next morning, though, and they turned it off over night after that.

we had a similar thing a few years ago every morning between 5.30 & 6 this German guy fired up his generator and woke up every one around him, after the second morning a couple of lads got so cheesed of with it, they poured a bag of sugar into the fuel tank and left the bag on top of the tank.. He was one angry German